VPN client software to work with Netgear routers

Old October 24th 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Fred

Default VPN client software to work with Netgear routers

Netgear do a couple of software packages called VPN01L and VPN05L but they
aren't very cheap.

I have a Netgear to Netgear VPN working well but would also like VPN to work
from a remote PC.

Does Netgear use standard protocols which allows any freeware client
packages to work?

Has anyone successfully used any freeware packages with Netgear routers?

Old October 24th 06, 06:46 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jon

declared for all the world to hear...
Netgear do a couple of software packages called VPN01L and VPN05L but they
aren't very cheap.

I have a Netgear to Netgear VPN working well but would also like VPN to work
from a remote PC.

Does Netgear use standard protocols which allows any freeware client
packages to work?

Has anyone successfully used any freeware packages with Netgear routers?

As long as your router supports VPN passthrough then you should be fine.
I used to have a netgear and could use it with my employers cicso VPN
dialer software.
--
Regards
Jon