Microphone too sensitive?

Old October 24th 06, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dedMEET

Default Microphone too sensitive?

I have a Skype compatible SE-P4K Speaker Phone (
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=245125 )and I'm having
a problem with microphone over-sensitivity.

When I speak my voice is being distorted. Dragging back the microphone
slider in SkypeMate does not seem to help, and in fact I cannot keep the
slider from moving to the maximum as when I begin to talk the slider moves
slowly up to the maximum setting by itself! Has anyone experienced similar
problems with this or other Skype phones, and if so, what was your solution?

I've already been advised to check the advanced properties for 20db boost on
the audio settings (right-click loudspeaker icon, options, check 'advanced
properties', then click on the advanced properties button) however the 20db
option isn't there.

Old October 24th 06, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"dedMEET" wrote in message
[...]

In the Skype window, click on TOOLS, OPTIONS, SOUND DEVICES and
untick the box "Let Skype adjust my sound device settings", click on SAVE.