One Skype Account On Two PCs At The Same Time

Old October 24th 06, 08:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R.Daneel Olivaw

Default One Skype Account On Two PCs At The Same Time

I use Skype at home for the voice function as well at the chat and send
files function.
At work I use it for the chat and send files only.

Recently I topped up with 10 and I will (at least when I get the confirming
email I will) be able to dial any UK landline free for 6 months.

If I leave Skype running at home so my wife can use the voice function can I
still run Skype at work?
Are Skype happy with the same account being active on two machines at the
same time?
Do any chat messages go to both PCs?
Do both PCs ring on an incoming call?

Old October 25th 06, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
SR

R.Daneel Olivaw wrote in
:

I use Skype at home for the voice function as well at the chat and
send files function.
At work I use it for the chat and send files only.

Recently I topped up with 10 and I will (at least when I get the
confirming email I will) be able to dial any UK landline free for 6
months.

If I leave Skype running at home so my wife can use the voice
function can I still run Skype at work?

Yes, but you won't be able to communicate with each other if you use
the same account on both machines.

Are Skype happy with the same account being active on two machines
at the same time?

Yes.

Old October 26th 06, 10:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Invalid

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 19:07:26 +0100, "R.Daneel Olivaw" [email protected]
wrote:

I use Skype at home for the voice function as well at the chat and send
files function.
At work I use it for the chat and send files only.

Recently I topped up with 10 and I will (at least when I get the confirming
email I will) be able to dial any UK landline free for 6 months.

If I leave Skype running at home so my wife can use the voice function can I
still run Skype at work?
Are Skype happy with the same account being active on two machines at the
same time?
Do any chat messages go to both PCs?
Do both PCs ring on an incoming call?

Why don't you simply open another account with another but similar
name?