Bloody Sipgate Again - The Last Straw This Time !!!!!!!!!XXXX!!!!!!!!!!!

Old October 25th 06, 06:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Woo

Default Bloody Sipgate Again - The Last Straw This Time !!!!!!!!!XXXX!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have had my share of problems with Sipgate. Most of them have
been due to network problems and outages with Sipgate which have been
reported in this group.

This morning, when needing to make an important call to Spain, I
receive a message from a voice telling me that I 'don't have enough
credit to make the call'. Upon checking my Sipgate home page, I
discover that I have thirteen pounds credit, a few pence of which I
used successfully last night. Anyone else in the same boat?

This is the last straw for me, coming at just the time when the call
is important. Yes, I can make the call by other means, but that is not
the point.

So, after a year or so of failures and problems it is time for me to
look elsewhere for a VOIP provider. I am looking for recommendations
for a new provider. My requirements are simple. I need one geographic
UK number and would prefer credit that doesn't expire. My calling
pattern is simple, with a number of short calls throughout the day to
European countries such as Spain, Germany and France. In about three
months I will own a property in Spain and the ability to have another
account with the same provider to allow free 'same network' calls
between here and the foreign property will be important.

Looking for suggestions and please don't say 'told you so'.

W.

Old October 25th 06, 10:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Collin

Mr Woo wrote:
[...]

I'm biased because its our company but VoiceHost can provide everything
you have asked for.
Phil

--

Phil Collin
Partner Manager

Old October 25th 06, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:10:19 +0100, Phil Collin
wrote:

Mr Woo wrote:
[...]

Notwithstanding any suggestions that may be made re providers for
international calls,
there isn't usually any need to have the same provider for both
parties to have free calls as you can link via sipbroker. Check out
sipbroker.com - There are some providers that don't work with
sipbroker but they are in a small minority.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Skype Free Zone!!
Old October 25th 06, 11:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Collin

wrote:

Mr Woo wrote:
[...]

As Brian rightly points out, if your provider in both locations partners
via sipbroker the calls are indeed free.
We partner and peer with sipbroker among others.
Phil

--

Phil Collin
Partner Manager

Old October 25th 06, 01:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

"Mr Woo" wrote in message
idual.de...

So, after a year or so of failures and problems it is time for me to
look elsewhere for a VOIP provider. I am looking for recommendations
for a new provider. My requirements are simple. I need one geographic
UK number and would prefer credit that doesn't expire. My calling
pattern is simple, with a number of short calls throughout the day to
European countries such as Spain, Germany and France. In about three
months I will own a property in Spain and the ability to have another
account with the same provider to allow free 'same network' calls
between here and the foreign property will be important.

Looking for suggestions and please don't say 'told you so'.

Got to say that I am using a variety of service providers on my trixbox,
including
sipgate, a beta based company and voipfone.

Sipgate and Internetcalls.com which I use sometimes play up but foipfone is
very stable
and looking at my info, usually has the least latency lag.

It is not the cheapest you pay for a geographic number, and call rates are
not the best, but it is for business use
so would rather pay for a service I use and put trust in, than go for a
company which promises the earth , gives
everything at free or near free prices and has no obvious money stream for
long term business and investment.

Voipfone are always adding new features and being proactive, where as
sipgate appears to have given up in the UK

Old October 25th 06, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

RH wrote:
Got to say that I am using a variety of service providers on my trixbox,
including
sipgate, a beta based company and voipfone.

Sipgate and Internetcalls.com which I use sometimes play up but foipfone is
very stable
and looking at my info, usually has the least latency lag.

It is not the cheapest you pay for a geographic number, and call rates are
not the best, but it is for business use
so would rather pay for a service I use and put trust in, than go for a
company which promises the earth , gives
everything at free or near free prices and has no obvious money stream for
long term business and investment.

I have used voip.co.uk for a few months now and have never had any
problems with their service.. They provide a free geo number (have most
area codes) and can be used either pay as you go (which is what I do,
combined with voipdiscount for any outgoing calls), or you can subscribe
to their 1.99 UK package. I have only used them for incoming calls, so
cant comment on their outgoing calls, but if incoming is anything to go
by they are very good.
Old October 25th 06, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Woo

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:23:54 +0100, Scope wrote:

I have used voip.co.uk for a few months now and have never had any
problems with their service.. They provide a free geo number (have most
area codes) and can be used either pay as you go (which is what I do,
combined with voipdiscount for any outgoing calls), or you can subscribe
to their 1.99 UK package. I have only used them for incoming calls, so
cant comment on their outgoing calls, but if incoming is anything to go
by they are very good.

Many thanks for this. Do you know if the pay as you go credit expires
after a period of time? I looked at their web site but couldn't see
anything there.

Cheers,

W.

Old October 25th 06, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Mr Woo wrote:
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:23:54 +0100, Scope wrote:
Many thanks for this. Do you know if the pay as you go credit expires
after a period of time? I looked at their web site but couldn't see
anything there.

Cheers,

W.

To my knowledge it doesnt expire.. It might be worth dropping them an
email and asking for yourself.. Their support is usually very good.

The benefit of going with voip.co.uk is that you can add the 1.99
option later on if you find you start making more and more UK calls, and
keep the number you have given out to your friends/family.
Old October 25th 06, 07:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Woo

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:15:55 +0100, Scope wrote:

To my knowledge it doesnt expire.. It might be worth dropping them an
email and asking for yourself.. Their support is usually very good.

Thanks. Will do.

W.

Old October 26th 06, 01:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Man

Mr Woo wrote:
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:15:55 +0100, Scope wrote:

To my knowledge it doesnt expire.. It might be worth dropping them an
email and asking for yourself.. Their support is usually very good.

Thanks. Will do.

W.

Have you looked at voipfone? Calls at 1.2p per minute to Australia,
Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, (& China mobile), Cyprus, Czech
Republic (Prague), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece,
Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Israel, Japan, Luxembourg, Monaco,
Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia (St.
Petersburg & Moscow Central), San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland,
USA, (& USA mobile), Vatican City.

So good rates to call the destinations you require... You can also port
over your current Sipgate number.