Pprint Wirelessly?

Old October 25th 06, 04:18 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Richard

Default Pprint Wirelessly?

Can I stick one bluetooth dongle USB2 in my laptop and another USB1 in my
printer and print wirelessly?

--
Regards Richard UK

Old October 30th 06, 06:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
TGTBT Media Web Design & Hosting Services

"Richard" wrote in
:

Can I stick one bluetooth dongle USB2 in my laptop and another USB1 in
my printer and print wirelessly?

I should doubt the printer would have drivers for a USB bluetooth dongle,
you could try it, if they are plug and play, it MIGHT work, if not:

then it looks like you'll have to stick with wires or get a network set up!

Kind Regards,
Alex Davies.
Old October 30th 06, 07:23 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Richard

There's a wireless network in the house, could I use that somehow?

"TGTBT Media Web Design & Hosting Services" wrote
in message ...
"Richard" wrote in
:

Old October 30th 06, 07:56 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
TGTBT Media Web Design & Hosting Services

"Richard" wrote in
:

There's a wireless network in the house, could I use that somehow?

You sure could, you'd need a print server.

--
Kind Regards,

Alex Davies
IT & Networking Solutions Developer for Signature Networks

TGTBT Media Web Design & Hosting Services

http://www.tgtbt-online.com
Old October 30th 06, 09:01 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Richard

Like one of these?

http://www.directusbstore.co.uk/cnb/...search-null=Go

Old October 30th 06, 10:23 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
TGTBT Media Web Design & Hosting Services

"Richard" wrote in
:

Like one of these?

http://www.directusbstore.co.uk/cnb/...irectusbstore?

search=F8T030uk
&op-catalogue-search-null=Go&op-catalogue-search-null=Go

Yup, thats the one!

Old October 31st 06, 10:52 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Richard

Can you tell from the specs if it'll plug into my printer USB1 ?

Plus will I have to buy anything extra for my laptop that I'm already using
wirelessly?

http://www.usenet.com
Old October 31st 06, 11:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
TGTBT Media Web Design & Hosting Services

"Richard" wrote in
:

Can you tell from the specs if it'll plug into my printer USB1 ?

Plus will I have to buy anything extra for my laptop that I'm already
using wirelessly?

"TGTBT Media Web Design & Hosting Services"
wrote in message ...
"Richard" wrote in
:

Like one of these?

http://www.directusbstore.co.uk/cnb/...irectusbstore?

search=F8T030uk
&op-catalogue-search-null=Go&op-catalogue-search-null=Go

Yup, thats the one!

--
Kind Regards,

Alex Davies
IT & Networking Solutions Developer for Signature Networks

TGTBT Media Web Design & Hosting Services

http://www.tgtbt-online.com

"Send a print job to USB printers via Bluetooth by connecting your USB
printer to your AP."

You are purchasing the bluetooth AP (access point). It is a bluetooth
server, so therefore wireless(wifi) is not supported directly from the
AP.

HOWEVER:

"The built-in print server also allows you to send print jobs from
computers connected to the LAN to USB printers connected to the AP."

It will allow printing from a wired network! so just uplink that with
your nearest wifi (wireless) access point.

:-D

Simplified Conclusion:

All you will require is a network cable to plug the port specified in
the manual for the wireless AP, Port1/UPLINK

to the LAN port on the bluetooth AP.

Port1 is commonly known as the UPLINK port - *dependant upon how you
have the network set out and port assignments on the wireless AP.*

Flow:

Bluetooth AP -LAN- NETWORK CABLE -PORT1- Wireless AP

PORT1 may be assigned as the UPLINK port (or PORT1) according to the
manual. (So check the manual on uplinking)

If the UPLINK port is already in use, which i should think it is to
provide internet access??? use port1

Having trouble understanding my guide???

If you think of the Bluetooth AP as a computer/laptop on the network,
think of how it would have access to the wireless AP.

That should allow you to then think about how to structure the
connections.

So get out the manuals (If you cannot find them or are having trouble
following my guide, then give me a shout back)

Old November 1st 06, 08:59 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Richard

Many Thanks for taking the time to give such a detailed answer. I think I
understand now.

"TGTBT Media Web Design & Hosting Services" wrote
in message ...
"Richard" wrote in
:

Can you tell from the specs if it'll plug into my printer USB1 ?

Plus will I have to buy anything extra for my laptop that I'm already
using wirelessly?

"TGTBT Media Web Design & Hosting Services"
wrote in message ...
"Richard" wrote in
: