Siemens C460IP

Old October 25th 06, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Default Siemens C460IP

Hi,

Blatant plug, because I do work for ProVu. But I know a lot of
people on here have been waiting for these phones.

ProVu have the Siemens C460IP's in stock.

There are 9 left out of our first delivery, with no more until November.

72.34 pounds each + 7.30 for next day shipping + VAT.

Tim
Old October 25th 06, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Yaz

"Tim" wrote in message
Hi,

Blatant plug, because I do work for ProVu. But I know a lot of
people on here have been waiting for these phones.

ProVu have the Siemens C460IP's in stock.

Can these be used for skype?

Yaz

Old October 26th 06, 01:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Yaz:
Can these be used for skype?

NO!
But being SIP you can choose from any number of VoIP providers :-), or just
DIY with IP numbers.
Regards,
Martin

Old October 26th 06, 02:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Tim,
Is there a way to auto route calls by their prefix numbers (e.g. 087, 0845
to POTS, etc) ?
Can you use the C46IP on it's own to make WiFi SIP VoIP calls (never mind
POTS) ?
Will it work with WiFi HotSpots ?

Thanks,
regards,
Martin

Old October 26th 06, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul

Martin² wrote:
Tim,
Is there a way to auto route calls by their prefix numbers (e.g. 087, 0845
to POTS, etc) ?
Can you use the C46IP on it's own to make WiFi SIP VoIP calls (never mind
POTS) ?
Will it work with WiFi HotSpots ?

Thanks,
regards,
Martin

Hi Martin,

it's not a wifi phone, it's a DECT phone.

Also it only has one SIP registration so a dial plan to send calls
through different providers isn't possible.

It can be set to force certain numbers through the POTS line if it is
connected.

cheers,
Paul.
Old October 26th 06, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Yaz

"Paul" wrote it's not a wifi phone, it's a
DECT phone.

Also it only has one SIP registration so a dial plan to send calls through
different providers isn't possible.

Is it not better to buy a Linksys SPA3102 instead and connect a cordless to
it?

Yaz

Old October 27th 06, 02:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Bray

Yaz wrote:
Can these be used for skype?

No. You'd need a Linksys CIT200.

You can also buy a Siemens Dect USB dongle thingy. I forget the
partcode, but ProVu don't stock them. ProVu concentrate on SIP.

Tim
Old October 27th 06, 02:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Bray

Paul wrote:

It can be set to force certain numbers through the POTS line if it is
connected.

To add a bit more.

You can set the default routing for outbound calls. Either SIP or POTS.

If you wish to send the call over the other channel, then you press and
hold the green button when you dial.

You can set for emergency numbers to always go out on POTS.

Tim
Old November 14th 06, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Yaz wrote:

Is it not better to buy a Linksys SPA3102 instead and connect a cordless to
it?

If you want to do clever call routing and such, don't mind have 2 boxes
laying around, and spend a bit more then an SPA3102 would be better.

If you want a simple SIP phone for basic residential use, then I think
the C460IP wins.

Tim