Sipura/Asterisk 3-way call not working?

Old October 27th 06, 04:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PeterW

Default Sipura/Asterisk 3-way call not working?

I have an Asterisk server (recent SVN version 1.2) and two Sipura ATAs
(one SPA2000 and one SPA1001).

I have Three-way Conf Serv and Three-way Call Serv enabled on both ATAs.

When I make a SIP call from phone 1 to phone 2 on my Asterisk box, it
works fine, then when I press the hookflash (TBR) on phone 1, the caller on
phone 2 is placed on hold (Asterisk MoH plays). I get the "second dial
tone" on the Sipura and dial another extension (phone 3) from phone 1
and it rings and I am connected. Now, if I press hookflash again on
phone 1, it switches the connection to phone 2, but phone 3 is placed on
hold rather than getting conferenced in.

Anyone got any idea why the three-way call might not be working in these
circumstances?

The message type for setting of Hookflash (none, AVT, INFO) seems to
make no difference. I normally set it to "none" as it should be handled
locally rather than get sent to Asterisk.

Thanks
Peter
Old October 28th 06, 07:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Quinton

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:58:06 +0000 (UTC), PeterW
wrote:

When I make a SIP call from phone 1 to phone 2 on my Asterisk box, it
works fine, then when I press the hookflash (TBR) on phone 1, the caller on
phone 2 is placed on hold (Asterisk MoH plays). I get the "second dial
tone" on the Sipura and dial another extension (phone 3) from phone 1
and it rings and I am connected. Now, if I press hookflash again on
phone 1, it switches the connection to phone 2, but phone 3 is placed on
hold rather than getting conferenced in.

Anyone got any idea why the three-way call might not be working in these
circumstances?

I'm no expert, Peter, but I'm not sure that what you want to do is, in
fact, 3-way calling.
The 3-way seems to be working inasmuch as you can toggle between the 2
extensions.
Maybe what you want is conferencing?
--
Locate your Mobile phone: http://www.bizorg.co.uk/news.html