Betamax CLI for others

Old October 28th 06, 01:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
¬Stephen Hammond

Default Betamax CLI for others

How can I get my number to show up on CLI when I phone other people ??

Stephen

Old October 28th 06, 03:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

How can I get my number to show up on CLI when I phone other people ??

Stephen

Which Betamax service?
Softphone or hardware phone?
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old October 28th 06, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
¬Stephen Hammond

How can I get my number to show up on CLI when I phone other people ??

Stephen

Which Betamax service?
Softphone or hardware phone?
--

Well is it possible with any Betamax service preferably voipcheap.com as
they appear to be the cheapest.

Old October 28th 06, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"¬Stephen Hammond" wrote in message

How can I get my number to show up on CLI when I phone other people ??

Stephen

Which Betamax service?
Softphone or hardware phone?
--

Well is it possible with any Betamax service preferably voipcheap.com as
they appear to be the cheapest.

You didn't answer the 2nd question, as you will see it was significant.

Firstly Betamax operate two voipcheap services, .com and .co.uk
voipcheap.co.uk used to give you a geographic phone number for
incoming calls. I have one and as you would expect that number
(in international format) comes up as the CLI. It works from their
softphone or your own sip device.

However, voipcheap.co.uk stopped issuing numbers a few months ago
However you can now spoof a CLI of almost anything you like for
outgoing calls, but ONLY using their softphone.
I contend that there must be some way you can do it
with (say) Asterisk, but know one to my knowledge has
done it yet.

Download the softphone and you can make a few free calls
without topping up.
in file - your personal profile there are 5 fields for numbers
(international format)

then in settings you can sellect the one you want as your CLI
in a dropdown, my caller ID.

You can't do any of this with voipcheap.com, but it has a better
all round pricing structure IMHO.

Play nice,
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old October 29th 06, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
¬Stephen Hammond

[...]

Thanks can you spoof text message origination with any program too ?

Old October 30th 06, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin Maurer

Hello,

then in settings you can sellect the one you want as your CLI
in a dropdown, my caller ID.

is this still possible ? I just downloaded the softphone from
voipcheap.co.uk and tried to spoof a number with a softphone call (not
direct call), but all i am getting is a calling number of "001". I get the
same number also e.g. with freecall, since a few days ago.

I entered "home" and "voip", and also "My Caller Id" in Options - Call
Settings - My Caller Id. At least when i put there anonymously it is really
anonymously, otherwise "001".

Downloaded client is version: 2.12 build 365 beta

Regards,

Martin

Old October 30th 06, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"Martin Maurer" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Hello,

then in settings you can sellect the one you want as your CLI
in a dropdown, my caller ID.

is this still possible ? I just downloaded the softphone from
voipcheap.co.uk and tried to spoof a number with a softphone call (not
direct call), but all i am getting is a calling number of "001". I get the
same number also e.g. with freecall, since a few days ago.

I entered "home" and "voip", and also "My Caller Id" in Options - Call
Settings - My Caller Id. At least when i put there anonymously it is
really anonymously, otherwise "001".

Downloaded client is version: 2.12 build 365 beta

Regards,

Martin

I see.
Are you sure you weren't getting 01, that's what I am getting
(at least that's what 1471 says when I call my BT line)
Maybe they had to knobble it because of its fraud possibilities
Good while it lasted though.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%