Betamax Services gone a bit nuts?

Old October 28th 06, 04:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

Default Betamax Services gone a bit nuts?

Anyone else having the same problem?

Been using internetcalls.com on my trixbox for a while then suddenly 2 days
ago things go nuts
can dial out with no problems, other party can here me, but i can not hear
them.

Box is on a DMZ and my sipgate and voipfone accounts work well. Reading the
voipbuster fourm lots of people
also had problems at the sa,e time with various pieces soft & hardphones,
but no comments back from teh company.
Anyone worked out what the cause is and what the solution might be?

Old October 28th 06, 05:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"RH" wrote in message
Anyone else having the same problem?

Been using internetcalls.com on my trixbox for a while then suddenly 2
days ago things go nuts
can dial out with no problems, other party can here me, but i can not hear
them.

Box is on a DMZ and my sipgate and voipfone accounts work well. Reading
the voipbuster fourm lots of people
also had problems at the sa,e time with various pieces soft & hardphones,
but no comments back from teh company.
Anyone worked out what the cause is and what the solution might be?

ME TOO
exactly the same, not sure what is going on but I have
"half" a theory.
Let me run this past you.
Your "box" is Asterisk?
does your router use dyndns?
have you set externip in sip_nat.conf to your dyndns?
if so ping your dyndns and see if the your current IP
is returned and not one a week old!
Thats what I have found and the only way I can update
the address is to log onto my account and do it that way.
Then if I reboot Asterisk incoming speech on voipcheap
is ok.
I was thinking it was the router but I am not sure.

Does any of this apply to you?
In desparation I put Asterisk in the DMZ thinking it would
see the outside world without such trickery but it made no
difference.
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old October 29th 06, 01:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

"Graham" wrote in message

ME TOO
exactly the same, not sure what is going on but I have
"half" a theory.
Let me run this past you.
Your "box" is Asterisk?
does your router use dyndns?
have you set externip in sip_nat.conf to your dyndns?
if so ping your dyndns and see if the your current IP
is returned and not one a week old!
Thats what I have found and the only way I can update
the address is to log onto my account and do it that way.
Then if I reboot Asterisk incoming speech on voipcheap
is ok.
I was thinking it was the router but I am not sure.

Does any of this apply to you?
In desparation I put Asterisk in the DMZ thinking it would
see the outside world without such trickery but it made no
difference.
--

Thanks for your help, I am lucky in that the IP / DNS name I have is fixed.
but I went into my sip_nat.conf to find it was blank, so added the

1am is not the best time to fight the trixbox gremlins, will commence battle
again tomorrow

Old October 30th 06, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"RH" wrote in message

"Graham" wrote in message

[...]

UPDATE

I took the externip entry out completely and now its working fine.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%