VoipCheap question

Old October 28th 06, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephane M

Default VoipCheap question

Hi,

I have setup an account with VoipCheap and works fine..

On my account, if I select 'VoipCheap software setting" I have :

Change my VoipCheap password
Change my emailaddress
Change my VoipCheap user profile
Change my callforwarding details

- Call forwarding.... doesn't mean, that I can forward incoming phone
calls ?
If so, HOW CAN I KNOW MY PHONE NUMBER ??? :-)

(I thought that with Voipcheap, you didn't have any phone number ??)

Thnanks for your help

Old October 28th 06, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"Stephane M" wrote in message
Hi,

I have setup an account with VoipCheap and works fine..

On my account, if I select 'VoipCheap software setting" I have :

Change my VoipCheap password
Change my emailaddress
Change my VoipCheap user profile
Change my callforwarding details

- Call forwarding.... doesn't mean, that I can forward incoming phone
calls ?
If so, HOW CAN I KNOW MY PHONE NUMBER ??? :-)

(I thought that with Voipcheap, you didn't have any phone number ??)

Thnanks for your help

When I signed with voipcheap.co.uk they did give me a number
and I still keep a few pence in the account so it works for incoming calls
They stopped giving out numbers a few months ago.

My outgoing calls go via voipcheap.com
AFAIK they have never offered a number.
I haven't used the call forwarding service, but I have no reason
to believe it won't work.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old October 28th 06, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Iceman

"Graham" wrote in message

"Stephane M" wrote in message
[...]

Yup, I've got a number too.

Regards
The Iceman

Old October 28th 06, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

Yup, I've got a number too.

I hope I can keep my voipcheap.co.uk number,
even though no outgoing calls are now made.

it is very memorable and begins 0161 700 from which
most people would assume (correctly) that I was in North
Manchester. The last 4 digits are also pretty memorable too.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old October 29th 06, 01:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Stephane M" wrote in message

- Call forwarding.... doesn't mean, that I can forward incoming phone
calls ?
If so, HOW CAN I KNOW MY PHONE NUMBER ??? :-)

This does not need a incoming phone number ...
Call forwarding just means that all incoming calls are forwarded.
In your case, as you do not have a Voip-in number, this just means that any
calls you would receive on your PC (from your contacts using Voipcheap or
any other Betamax client) will be forwarded.
Advantage is that you can continue to receive calls, even if your PC is shut
down
The inconveniance is of course, you only can receive calls from other
Betamax users