Voip adaptor on netgear router

Old October 30th 06, 09:15 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
speckled hen

Default Voip adaptor on netgear router

I have just managed to get working (after a long slog for a newbie) to
get a linksys voip adaptor working to my netgear dg834 router.
now i can access the admin menu on the linksys if i plug directly into
a lan port on it.
question is how can i access the linksys from other pcs on the network?
using its own internal ip address (as i would use with direct
connection ) does not work.
am i missing the point somewhere, thanks

Old October 30th 06, 12:17 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
NoNeedToKnow

On 30 Oct 2006, "speckled hen" wrote:

now i can access the admin menu on the linksys if i plug directly into
a lan port on it.

Is that using some specific application from Linksys, or your browser?

question is how can i access the linksys from other pcs on the network?
using its own internal ip address (as i would use with direct
connection ) does not work.

Oh, sounds like it is with a browser {But I had half assumed it was not
using the IP, but the MAC (Media Access Control) address, which is made
up of 6 bytes, and has 24 bits for the organisation (=Linksys) and the
other 24 bits as a network interface specific ID (number - presumably
companies split the 24 bits to allow them to group different devices
so routers might have the first X bits set to something while other
units have a different value in those X bits}
Old October 30th 06, 12:50 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
speckled hen

NoNeedToKnow wrote:
On 30 Oct 2006, "speckled hen" wrote:

now i can access the admin menu on the linksys if i plug directly into
a lan port on it.

Is that using some specific application from Linksys, or your browser?

question is how can i access the linksys from other pcs on the network?
using its own internal ip address (as i would use with direct
connection ) does not work.

Oh, sounds like it is with a browser {But I had half assumed it was not
using the IP, but the MAC (Media Access Control) address, which is made
up of 6 bytes, and has 24 bits for the organisation (=Linksys) and the
other 24 bits as a network interface specific ID (number - presumably
companies split the 24 bits to allow them to group different devices
so routers might have the first X bits set to something while other
units have a different value in those X bits}

Sorry yes I am trying to web browse to the linksys kit

Old October 30th 06, 03:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
[ste parker]

speckled hen wrote:
I have just managed to get working (after a long slog for a newbie) to
get a linksys voip adaptor working to my netgear dg834 router.
now i can access the admin menu on the linksys if i plug directly into
a lan port on it.
question is how can i access the linksys from other pcs on the network?
using its own internal ip address (as i would use with direct
connection ) does not work.
am i missing the point somewhere, thanks

What make/model is it? Also, why do you need to access it from a PC
somewhere on the network?

--
[ste]
Old October 30th 06, 04:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
speckled hen

[ste parker] wrote:
speckled hen wrote:
I have just managed to get working (after a long slog for a newbie) to
get a linksys voip adaptor working to my netgear dg834 router.
now i can access the admin menu on the linksys if i plug directly into
a lan port on it.
question is how can i access the linksys from other pcs on the network?
using its own internal ip address (as i would use with direct
connection ) does not work.
am i missing the point somewhere, thanks

What make/model is it? Also, why do you need to access it from a PC
somewhere on the network?

--
[ste]

It's the Linksys spa2102.
The reason i would like to access it is because I have my sons PC
connected to the lan port on the 2102 (for QoS reasons, he is always
downloading large music/video files and I thought he would be
de-grading by voip connection)
and my pc is connected directly to the netgear router.
I managed to do it previously when I had a netgear voip adaptor.
(192.168.0.3:38080)

thanks