router wireless router/adsl modem comparison

Old October 29th 06, 08:28 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
felix

Default router wireless router/adsl modem comparison

solwise adsl sar 600ew vs. Netgear DG834? The netgear is cheaper, has good
security config and range, but is apparently not so reliable and has slow
wireless transfer rates (http://www.adslguide.org.
uk/hardware/reviews/2004/q3/netgear-dg834g.asp).

The solwise (http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl-sar600ew.htm#SPECS) has a good
reputation for reliability, but some firmware issues for port forwarding.
Can't find out much detail on its range/tx speed.

My connection is 2mb with entanet, and I will be using alot of p2p apps.

Thanks