Best VoIP rates for calling UK mobiles?

Old October 30th 06, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
[L.]

Default Best VoIP rates for calling UK mobiles?

I have been looking around to find the best rates for calling UK
mobiles, but I don't seem to be able to find anything at less than
10-12 pence, which is about the same rate than calling from a BT line.

Lorenzo

[L.]
Old October 30th 06, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

[L.] wrote :
I have been looking around to find the best rates for calling UK
mobiles, but I don't seem to be able to find anything at less than
10-12 pence, which is about the same rate than calling from a BT line.

Lorenzo

[L.]

www.voipcheap.com ~5ppm

http://www.voipcheap.com/en/rates.html#letu rates are initially
displayed in Euros.

Old October 30th 06, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh [L.]:
I have been looking around to find the best rates for calling UK
mobiles, but I don't seem to be able to find anything at less than
10-12 pence, which is about the same rate than calling from a BT line.

Lorenzo

[L.]

From a VoIP line with free calls to 0800 / 0808 numbers using 18185's
0808 access number, 2p/min weekends and 6p/min weekdays.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old October 30th 06, 11:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
.uk...
Thus spaketh [L.]:
I have been looking around to find the best rates for calling UK
mobiles, but I don't seem to be able to find anything at less than
10-12 pence, which is about the same rate than calling from a BT line.

Lorenzo

[L.]

From a VoIP line with free calls to 0800 / 0808 numbers using 18185's
0808 access number, 2p/min weekends and 6p/min weekdays.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

The one I am a bit excited / pre-occupied about at the moment - although I
have not tried them and don't believe I know of anyone who has (lol - but
they just seem funny and great -a s well as cheap for landline calls - 2p
per call - unlimited duration - most of Europe and US, etc.!) is
www.vigor.co.uk ....

Their mobile rate would appear to be : Your price will be: 8.02 pence/min

(I think their landline service is probably the best...! lol)..

Their are quite a few much cheaper options if you use a service that
distinguishes day, evening and week-end...

Completely random first link under the mouse example would be :

www.gotalkvoip.co.uk (know nothing about them - have no reason to recommend
or otherwise them - except they don't seem that cheap... but just an example
of many for time of day rate operators)

Tariff Option 1 (no subscription) // Tariff Option 2 (subscription)
Peak Off peak Weekend Peak Off peak Weekend

UK - Mobile - Vodafone 15 6 6 13 5 5
UK - Mobile - Orange 14 10 8 12 8 7
UK - Mobile - O2 12 12 6 10 10 5
UK - Mobile - Tmobile 16 8 8 13 6 6
UK - Mobile - Virgin 16 8 8 13 6 6
UK - Mobile - H3G 24 20 20 20 17 17
UK - Mobile - Other 29 23 23 24 19 19

Finally, one of the all time wonder sites in this area (in my opinion) is...
www.myvoipprovider.com and tell it you want to see the options for UK Mobile
(and it will list countless providers by order of price)... Their list /
system currently suggests (for UK mobile) (top few results) :

Sorry it's not very tidy ...

1. ITP Packages | Sponsor Rating:
Service Type: Broadband
Availability: Worldwide, USA
Protocol: SIP
Specials: Free service for 1 month and free toll-free number
US$0.240/min
Provider Head Office: USA Supported Languages: Eng
Last Updated: 2006-07-27
2. Voipcheap.com Rating:
Service Type: Broadband, PC to Phone
Availability: Worldwide, Germany
Protocol: SIP
Specials: 300 minutes FREE per week to selected destinations
US$0.087/min
EURO 0.070/min
Provider Head Office : Germany Supported Languages: Eng Last Updated:
2006-10-16
3. SparVoip Rating:
Service Type: Broadband,PC to Phone
Availability: Worldwide, Germany
Protocol: SIP
Specials: 300 minutes FREE per week to selected destinations
US$0.150/min
EURO 0.120/min
Provider Head Office : Germany Supported Languages: Ger Last Updated:
2006-10-14
4. NetAppel Rating:
Service Type: Broadband,PC to Phone
Availability: Worldwide, France
Protocol: SIP
Specials: 300 minutes FREE per week to selected destinations
US$0.150/min
EURO 0.120/min
Provider Head Office : France Supported Languages: Fre Last Updated:
2006-10-16
5. PennyTel Rating:
Service Type: Broadband
Availability: Worldwide, Australia
Protocol: SIP
Specials: None
US$0.151/min
AUS$ 0.203/min
Provider Head Office : Australia Supported Languages: Eng Last Updated:
2006-09-29
6. Globe7 Rating:
Service Type: PC to Phone
Availability: Worldwide, UK
Protocol: SIP
Specials: even 10% lower rates on their Gold plan
US$0.155/min
Provider Head Office : UK Supported Languages: Eng Last Updated:
2006-10-20
7. Yahoo Voice Rating:
Service Type: PC to Phone
Availability: Worldwide, USA
Protocol: Unknown
Specials: None
US$0.170/min
Provider Head Office : USA Supported Languages: Eng Last Updated:
2006-07-27
8. VoIPGate Rating:
Service Type: Broadband, PC to Phone
Availability: Worldwide, Luxembourg
Protocol: SIP
Specials: None
US$0.172/min
EURO 0.138/min

Best wishes and bye for now,

News Reader

Old October 31st 06, 12:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
[L.]

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:32:26 GMT, Jono
wrote:

[L.] wrote :
I have been looking around to find the best rates for calling UK
mobiles, but I don't seem to be able to find anything at less than
10-12 pence, which is about the same rate than calling from a BT line.

Lorenzo

[L.]

www.voipcheap.com ~5ppm

Great. I had looked at voipcheap.co.uk originally.

Lorenz

[L.]
Old October 31st 06, 12:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
[L.]

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:20:47 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

Thus spaketh [L.]:
I have been looking around to find the best rates for calling UK
mobiles, but I don't seem to be able to find anything at less than
10-12 pence, which is about the same rate than calling from a BT line.

Lorenzo

[L.]

From a VoIP line with free calls to 0800 / 0808 numbers using 18185's
0808 access number, 2p/min weekends and 6p/min weekdays.

18185 was down all day today, that's what prompted me.

L.

[L.]
Old October 31st 06, 12:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh [L.]:
On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:20:47 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

Thus spaketh [L.]:
I have been looking around to find the best rates for calling UK
mobiles, but I don't seem to be able to find anything at less than
10-12 pence, which is about the same rate than calling from a BT
line.

Lorenzo

[L.]

From a VoIP line with free calls to 0800 / 0808 numbers using 18185's
0808 access number, 2p/min weekends and 6p/min weekdays.

18185 was down all day today, that's what prompted me.

L.

[L.]

Yes that they were, but seemed fine from their 0808 number over a VoIP
service that offers free calls to the 0808 number.