Vigor(.co.uk?) - Anyone tried them (yet)?

Old October 30th 06, 10:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

Default Vigor(.co.uk?) - Anyone tried them (yet)?

Hi,

My amusement and interest in and with vigor.co.uk (SIP provider + other
services) seems to be excessive lol.

Has anyone tried them and if so please report any feedback. In fact any
thought or comments about them would be very much appreciated.

They, (www.vigor.co.uk - as one route into their sites / services) provide
landline calls throughout most of Europe, America and Australasia at 2p per
call irrespective of duration. It just sounds very good, fun and interesting
to me.... ..

Thanks and best wishes,

News Reader

Old October 30th 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

Default Vyke(.co.uk?) [CORRECTION] - Anyone tried them (yet)?

Ooopsss....

sorry I seem to also keep their name wrong (or at least this evening - lol!)

Of course (drum roll / nod, etc.) .... lol.... should be :

www.vyke.co.uk

and they are called Vyke - lol

Old October 30th 06, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

News Reader explained on 30/10/2006 :

Ooopsss....

Typing whilst under the influence?

Old October 31st 06, 09:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Carl Farrington

"News Reader" wrote in message

Ooopsss....

sorry I seem to also keep their name wrong (or at least this evening -
lol!)

Of course (drum roll / nod, etc.) .... lol.... should be :

www.vyke.co.uk

and they are called Vyke - lol

Never heard of them before, and the Vyke Mobile thing sounds really good,
except for one major problem - the rates! It's more expensive that just
calling normally. UK Mobile to UK Mobile 27p/minute. That's not even
remotely cheap!

Old October 31st 06, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:52:21 -0000, "News Reader"
wrote:

Hi,

My amusement and interest in and with vigor.co.uk (SIP provider + other
services) seems to be excessive lol.

Has anyone tried them and if so please report any feedback. In fact any
thought or comments about them would be very much appreciated.

They, (www.vigor.co.uk - as one route into their sites / services) provide
landline calls throughout most of Europe, America and Australasia at 2p per
call irrespective of duration. It just sounds very good, fun and interesting
to me.... ..

I couldn't get access to the server for that URL.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
25/10/2006:Symantec charge exactly as much in GB pounds as they do
in US$ for the same Norton DOWNLOAD.
It's goodbye Norton - hello free AVG until they stop ripping us off.
Why should we be ripped off in the UK?
Old October 31st 06, 10:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:53:49 -0000, "News Reader"
wrote:

Ooopsss....

sorry I seem to also keep their name wrong (or at least this evening - lol!)

Of course (drum roll / nod, etc.) .... lol.... should be :

www.vyke.co.uk

and they are called Vyke - lol

I couldn't find the 2p/call you mentioned in your first posting.
The costs/minute are nothing special. I couldn't see why the 'Web
Call' was double the cost/min of a soft phone call to Australia.
There are better per minute rates elsewhere.
Old October 31st 06, 12:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Brian A" wrote in message
www.vyke.co.uk

and they are called Vyke - lol

I couldn't find the 2p/call you mentioned in your first posting.

It's mentioned on the front page
https://www.vyke.com/merchantsite/ma...ECOUK&Locale=7

Look at the box entitled "Vyke PC" - at the bottom, below Typical Rates on
Vyke PC, it says "Start up: 2p"

Old October 31st 06, 04:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

Ooopsss....

sorry I seem to also keep getting their name wrong (or at least this

Old October 31st 06, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:47:44 GMT, "Jono" wrote:

"Brian A" wrote in message
.. .
www.vyke.co.uk

and they are called Vyke - lol

I couldn't find the 2p/call you mentioned in your first posting.

It's mentioned on the front page
https://www.vyke.com/merchantsite/ma...ECOUK&Locale=7

Look at the box entitled "Vyke PC" - at the bottom, below Typical Rates on
Vyke PC, it says "Start up: 2p"

Thanks, I see it now and I understand what the 'web call' is. It is a
sort of 'callback' service. That is why calls to Australia are twice
the price of a 'PC call'. I would imagine that the 'PC call' could
also be an ATA call. I can't find any SIP settings on the web
site...I'm busy Googling. Yes, 2p/call is good!