Cheap calls wanted

Old October 31st 06, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Iceman

Default Cheap calls wanted

Which VoIP provider has the cheapest tariff and supports SIP?

I want to make cheap calls at any time of any day.
I use a Safecom SDSIP-3000 phone behind a Netgear DG834v2 ADSL router
firewall with NAT and SPI.

I've got an account with SIPGate, but they're only cheaper than TalkTalk
during the weekday daytime. No use after dark or on weekends.
I've got a VoIPCheap account too, but they don't give you a UK geographic
number like SIPGate, and although the calls are "free" to UK landlines any
time of any day, you have to pay a tenner and that times out after 120 days.
I haven't recharged my credit in months. Some strange new definition of free
I wasn't previously aware of!! ;-(

Do any other providers do any better than these two?

Sorry to have to ask...
....in fact does anyone do a comparison site for VoIP, similar to say
uswitch?

Thankyou in advance, forum members...

The Iceman
Glastonbury
UK

Old October 31st 06, 08:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Have a look at voip.co.uks 1.99 package.

Old October 31st 06, 09:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:21:10 -0000, "The Iceman"
wrote:

I've got an account with SIPGate, but they're only
cheaper than TalkTalk during the weekday daytime. No
use after dark or on weekends.

Sipgate is no use at ANYtime.

Yawn........... Change the record, Ron.

Ivor

Old October 31st 06, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

I've got a VoIPCheap account too, but they don't give you a UK geographic
number like SIPGate, and although the calls are "free" to UK landlines any
time of any day, you have to pay a tenner and that times out after 120
days.

You have got a voipcheap.co.uk account then.
Have a look at voipcheap.com. Bizarrely they do include the UK in the
free destinations Actually you no longer lose any credit on either site,
but you do need to top-up every 120 days (co.uk) or 90 days (.com)
in order to qualify for free calls. I use-up the credit on uk mobile calls.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old October 31st 06, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Graham:
I've got a VoIPCheap account too, but they don't give you a UK
geographic number like SIPGate, and although the calls are "free" to
UK landlines any time of any day, you have to pay a tenner and that
times out after 120 days.

You have got a voipcheap.co.uk account then.
Have a look at voipcheap.com. Bizarrely they do include the UK in the
free destinations Actually you no longer lose any credit on either
site, but you do need to top-up every 120 days (co.uk) or 90 days
(.com)
in order to qualify for free calls. I use-up the credit on uk mobile
calls.

I use VoIP Stunt, free calls to the UK and 120 days.
Old October 31st 06, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Iceman

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
news
Thus spaketh Graham:
I've got a VoIPCheap account too, but they don't give you a UK
geographic number like SIPGate, and although the calls are "free" to
UK landlines any time of any day, you have to pay a tenner and that
times out after 120 days.

You have got a voipcheap.co.uk account then.
Have a look at voipcheap.com. Bizarrely they do include the UK in the
free destinations Actually you no longer lose any credit on either
site, but you do need to top-up every 120 days (co.uk) or 90 days
(.com) in order to qualify for free calls. I use-up the credit on uk
mobile
calls.

I use VoIP Stunt, free calls to the UK and 120 days.

Thanks for that.
I've registered with voipcheap.com now.
Cost me ten euros.
Just one question...
....how do I get a voip-in number with them?

Old October 31st 06, 10:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

The Iceman brought next idea :

I've registered with voipcheap.com now.

...how do I get a voip-in number with them?

You don't as they've stopped issuing them.

Old October 31st 06, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Iceman

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
The Iceman brought next idea :

I've registered with voipcheap.com now.

...how do I get a voip-in number with them?

You don't as they've stopped issuing them.

Well a SIP phone ain't much use if nobody can phone it!
That's almost (but not quite) as daft as Skype not supporting SIP at all.
Ah well, I'll just use up the credit nattering to wifey on her mobile and
then dump it.
Well at least I tried.

8v(

Old October 31st 06, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Iceman

"The Iceman" wrote in message

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
The Iceman brought next idea :

I've registered with voipcheap.com now.

...how do I get a voip-in number with them?

You don't as they've stopped issuing them.

Well a SIP phone ain't much use if nobody can phone it!
That's almost (but not quite) as daft as Skype not supporting SIP at all.
Ah well, I'll just use up the credit nattering to wifey on her mobile and
then dump it.
Well at least I tried.

8v(

Does anyone EVER go back to these companies to buy credit a second time?
They must make all their money out of first time customers!
Shoddy way to do business if you ask me.

8^(

Old October 31st 06, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
The Iceman brought next idea :

I've registered with voipcheap.com now.

...how do I get a voip-in number with them?

You don't as they've stopped issuing them.

Does that Safecom support multiple accounts? If so
you could get a free geographic number from Sipgate.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%