Sky Broadband and VOIP

Old November 1st 06, 01:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
steveybar

Default Sky Broadband and VOIP

I have just got the option to sign up for the 'Free' Sky Broadband Service.
They provide a free Netgear DG834 wireless router that I believe is
'firmware locked' to Sky.

My question is, will I be able to use other VOIP providers other than Sky?
eg Sipgate or Skype or.....?

Is there anyone out there using the 'Free' Sky Broadband service with other
VOIP providers?

thanks - Steve B.

Old November 1st 06, 08:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jonathan Pearson

steveybar wrote:
I have just got the option to sign up for the 'Free' Sky Broadband
Service. They provide a free Netgear DG834 wireless router that I
believe is 'firmware locked' to Sky.

My question is, will I be able to use other VOIP providers other than
Sky? eg Sipgate or Skype or.....?

Is there anyone out there using the 'Free' Sky Broadband service with
other VOIP providers?

I'm sure someone will be along soon with a definite answer, but sky by
broadband is provided by easynet (owned by sky), as is ukonline (front end
for easynet). We're on ukonline LLU, and so far have had no problems using
VoiP, remote desktop, VPN , p2p, bitorrent etc. , so far its been great with
little noticeable drop in speed or download limits.

Jon