Move to IP v6

Old November 4th 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Default Move to IP v6

Move to IP v6
Not directly VoIP but this will affect it. Some equipment you use
will need to be replaced.

http://tinyurl.com/y94v5u
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 5th 06, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Brian A wrote:

Move to IP v6
Not directly VoIP but this will affect it. Some equipment you use
will need to be replaced.

I reckon by the time that IPv6 reaches customer premises equipment, you and
I will have had several upgrades from what we have currently, to take
account of changing access technologies like FTTP, VDSL2, WiMax, and all
the other stuff that hasn't been invented yet. So I reckon for the
majority, some equipment you use will need to be replaced anyway,
regardless of IPv6.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
09:35:06 up 11 days, 17:20, 2 users, load average: 3.05, 3.03, 3.00

Old November 5th 06, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ron Wellsted

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 10:46:54 +0000, Brian A wrote:

Move to IP v6
Not directly VoIP but this will affect it. Some equipment you use
will need to be replaced.

http://tinyurl.com/y94v5u
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Why replace? the entire IPv4 address space can be used as a subnet in
IPv6 address space. When your ISP/ITSP switches to IPv6, you just need to
ad a IPv6/IPv4 router with NAT something some Cisco routers and most Linux
distros can do already.

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk