ATAs with FXO ports

Old November 4th 06, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ACDeag

Default ATAs with FXO ports

Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.

I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

Ta

Old November 4th 06, 10:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

ACDeag expressed precisely :
Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass the
CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.

I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

Ta

Linksys/Sipura SPA3102

Old November 5th 06, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
ACDeag writes:
Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.

I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old November 6th 06, 07:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
speckled hen

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
ACDeag writes:
Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.

I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
display.
works well.

Old November 6th 06, 08:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ACDeag

It happens that speckled hen formulated :
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
ACDeag writes:
Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.

I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
display.
works well.

I think the 2102 only has two FXS ports not an FXO port if I am
correct. I am looking for a unit where I can have one phone but it can
be connected to my BT line and my VOIP line.

Old November 6th 06, 09:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul

ACDeag wrote:
It happens that speckled hen formulated :
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
ACDeag writes:
Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.

I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
display.
works well.

I think the 2102 only has two FXS ports not an FXO port if I am correct.
I am looking for a unit where I can have one phone but it can be
connected to my BT line and my VOIP line.

I assume he meant to say "spa3102" which has now replaced the spa3000.

cheers,
Paul.
Old November 6th 06, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Oldie

Paul wrote:
ACDeag wrote:
It happens that speckled hen formulated :
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
ACDeag writes:
[...]

But be sure to upgrade to 3.2.10 as earlier firmware doesn't pass CLI.
It took me a while to discover that.

Oldie

Old November 10th 06, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article . com,
"Oldie" writes:
Paul wrote:
ACDeag wrote:
It happens that speckled hen formulated :
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
ACDeag writes:
Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.

I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.

Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
display.
works well.

I think the 2102 only has two FXS ports not an FXO port if I am correct.
I am looking for a unit where I can have one phone but it can be
connected to my BT line and my VOIP line.

I assume he meant to say "spa3102" which has now replaced the spa3000.

No I meant spa3000. It likely is the case with the spa3102,
but I don't have any of those.

But be sure to upgrade to 3.2.10 as earlier firmware doesn't pass CLI.

Earlier ones did for me. One of mine still has 2.0.13(GWg), and
that passes BT callerid fine.

--
Andrew Gabriel