web host recommendations ?

Old November 5th 06, 11:15 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
that guy

Default web host recommendations ?

Hi

Can anyone recommend a lo-end (web) hosting provider, please?

We just need somewhere reliable to store about 400MB of files that we can link to from a small
community-of-interest wiki (on the internet). We don't need anything fancy (php or whatever) -
effectively just an open-directory on some managed space. Bandwidth usage would be
negligable. Security can be relatively lax.

I'm inclined to use a pay-provider, in case a freebie would delete our data (we don't want to
have to spend much management time on it once the initial setup is done), but am open to other
suggestions. They would need to accept direct-debit payment in sterling from a UK bank and be as cheap as possible.

TIA