Vonage V-Phone

Old November 5th 06, 03:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Vonage V-Phone

Thus spaketh Polly:
Has anyone tried the Vonage V-Phone and, if so, is it any good?

It's advertised at 19.99, but what's not clear is whether existing
Vonage customers can then operate this device alongside their existing
monthly contract at no further charge. In other words, given I'm
already paying 7.99 / month for residential service, is there any
additional cost (apart from the one-time 19.99)?

As you are already pay a high cost for VoIP, you could surely afford to
pay again for this, though there is also the thinking as you are already
paying a high price for VoIP they could incorperate this into your
current account.

Vonage make money by charging their high monthly cost, knowing that most
people would never use the phone enough to make the service value for
money and for it to cost Vonage to carry you, if they allowed two
services from them same monthly tariff then you could halve the amount
of time it takes to hit Vonages call limit and where it would cost them.
Vonage want to make money out of the vast majority of people spending
more with them, than the actual call costs, and what it would have cost
the user if they had simply paid on a call by call basis.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk