Is BT suitable for Voip?

Old November 5th 06, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Is BT suitable for Voip?

Hi all.
Anyone knows if BT Total Broadband is suitable for voip?
I own a Netgear 834G and a FritzBox Fon Ata.
I want to use this hardware to call international destinations. I tried
to apply with Zen but there were some strange technical problems on my
phone line that prevented the connection to be activated. Such problems
disappeared when I asked BT to activate its own broadband.
Any experience?

Thank you.
Cristiano

Old November 14th 06, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Simon Dobson

Default Multiple VoIP Lines

This must be a FAQ in here, but I don't see one in the group.

What are people recommending for a VoIP adapter with multiple VoIP
lines.. At least two, but four would be nice.

It should allow two/four different phones to be plugged in so they can
be used as completely separate lines.

Cheers!
Old November 14th 06, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Simon Dobson" wrote
in message
This must be a FAQ in here, but I don't see one in the
group.

What are people recommending for a VoIP adapter with
multiple VoIP lines.. At least two, but four would be
nice.

It should allow two/four different phones to be plugged
in so they can be used as completely separate lines.

Cheers!

The AVM Fritz!Box range have 2 phone ports with configuration information
for up to 10 accounts. The latest models have 3 phone ports, don't know of
any with 4 but two Sipura 2-port devices should work.

Ivor

Old November 14th 06, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Simon Dobson wrote:

This must be a FAQ in here, but I don't see one in the group.

What are people recommending for a VoIP adapter with multiple VoIP
lines.. At least two, but four would be nice.

It should allow two/four different phones to be plugged in so they can
be used as completely separate lines.

The only four-porter I can think of off the top of my head is this:

http://www.atcom.com.cn/en/En_products_AG468.html

but it's unclear from the blurb how many accounts it supports. I am going to
guess that it's one, as it doesn't say. There shouldn't be any reason why
it doesn't support four simultaneous calls, however.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:36:47 up 21 days, 4:22, 3 users, load average: 3.06, 3.11, 3.09

Old November 14th 06, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Simon Dobson

alexd wrote:

The only four-porter I can think of off the top of my head is this:

http://www.atcom.com.cn/en/En_products_AG468.html

but it's unclear from the blurb how many accounts it supports. I am going to
guess that it's one, as it doesn't say. There shouldn't be any reason why
it doesn't support four simultaneous calls, however.

Hmm, I hadn't thought about multiple calls in to the same number.

What %age of VoIP providers is this possible with?
Old November 14th 06, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Simon Dobson pretended :
alexd wrote:

The only four-porter I can think of off the top of my head is this:

http://www.atcom.com.cn/en/En_products_AG468.html

but it's unclear from the blurb how many accounts it supports. I am going to
guess that it's one, as it doesn't say. There shouldn't be any reason why
it doesn't support four simultaneous calls, however.

Hmm, I hadn't thought about multiple calls in to the same number.

What %age of VoIP providers is this possible with?

Sipgate, Voip.co.uk, voipfone, internetcalls, to name a few all allow
it.

Old November 15th 06, 07:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Watson

Simon Dobson wrote:
This must be a FAQ in here, but I don't see one in the group.

What are people recommending for a VoIP adapter with multiple VoIP
lines.. At least two, but four would be nice.

It should allow two/four different phones to be plugged in so they can
be used as completely separate lines.

Cheers!

Assuming you want to plug in standard POTS phones, four FXS ports on
this box:

http://www.solwise.co.uk/voip-4-port...s-vg-1404r.htm

Have you look at Asterisk? You could use cheap single port FXS boxes as
extensions.

Peter