lowest priced 2 port ATA?

Old November 7th 06, 12:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ben

Default lowest priced 2 port ATA?

Anybody got any pointers towards the lowest priced 2 port ATAs in the UK?

Froogle pointed me towards a ZyXEL Prestige 2002 for 30 from
YOYOtech...which got me excited...until after ordering it I got an email
telling me their website was reporting incorrect stock levels and there were
none in stock (

Any other well priced 2 port ATAs out there?

Cheers

Ben

Old November 7th 06, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 00:05:43 GMT, "Ben" wrote:

Anybody got any pointers towards the lowest priced 2 port ATAs in the UK?

Froogle pointed me towards a ZyXEL Prestige 2002 for 30 from
YOYOtech...which got me excited...until after ordering it I got an email
telling me their website was reporting incorrect stock levels and there were
none in stock (

Any other well priced 2 port ATAs out there?

Cheers

Ben

Linksys PAP2 has 2 ports. The linksys/Sipura 1001 has ONE port but two
lines. Also check out others on www.sipura.com and remember, going
for the cheapest isn't always the best route. You need to look
carefully on how you are going to operate. For example, do you want to
use more than one VSP on a single line etc.
Check out broadbandbuyer and broadbandstuff. I think that they have
the best prices in the UK.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 7th 06, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ben

"Brian A" wrote in message
[...]

thanks for the advice )

Ben

Old November 7th 06, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Ben wrote:
Anybody got any pointers towards the lowest priced 2 port ATAs in the UK?
Any other well priced 2 port ATAs out there?

The Linksys PAP2 is great and have 2 ports. I bought mine for 20 from
broadbandbuyer last year.. OK, it was locked to Vonage, but not very
hard to unlock. The unlocked version cost around 40 I think.
Old November 7th 06, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 14:16:04 +0000, Scope wrote:

Ben wrote:
Anybody got any pointers towards the lowest priced 2 port ATAs in the UK?
Any other well priced 2 port ATAs out there?

The Linksys PAP2 is great and have 2 ports. I bought mine for 20 from
broadbandbuyer last year.. OK, it was locked to Vonage, but not very
hard to unlock. The unlocked version cost around 40 I think.

Yes, forgot to mention: My advice is NOT to purchase a PAP2 second
hand as it may have previously been locked to Voanage - Perform a
factory reset on one of these and, afaik, you have a locked box again.
Some people are confident about unlocking. However, a glitch can occur
while unlocking and your box is then renered useless - I've seen it
happen so I am less confident about doing it.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 7th 06, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Woo

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 14:54:49 GMT, Brian A
wrote:

Yes, forgot to mention: My advice is NOT to purchase a PAP2 second
hand as it may have previously been locked to Voanage - Perform a
factory reset on one of these and, afaik, you have a locked box again.
Some people are confident about unlocking.

Brian's advice is good for the non technical user. I myself relocked
my PAP2 after performing a factory reset at the weekend. Had to
reflash it with the non Vonage firmware again.

Mr W.

Old November 7th 06, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ben

idual.de...
wrote:

Yes, forgot to mention: My advice is NOT to purchase a PAP2 second
hand as it may have previously been locked to Voanage - Perform a
factory reset on one of these and, afaik, you have a locked box again.
Some people are confident about unlocking.

Brian's advice is good for the non technical user. I myself relocked
my PAP2 after performing a factory reset at the weekend. Had to
reflash it with the non Vonage firmware again.

I was looking into unlocking a Vonage PAP2. Seems like the older relatively
easy to unlock ones aren't around any more. What are the newer ones like to
unlock?

Ben

Old November 9th 06, 04:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ben

"B" @ wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 17:55:40 GMT, Ben said in article
:

I was looking into unlocking a Vonage PAP2. Seems like the older
relatively
easy to unlock ones aren't around any more. What are the newer ones like
unlock?

Why be a cheapskate? Just buy an unlocked one and don't risk the
hassle reported here by others.

haha true...it's only a 30 quid difference. I may as well!

Ben