Fritz Box 7050 - some more questions

Old November 7th 06, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

Default Fritz Box 7050 - some more questions

Just trying to expand my telephone cabling to make use of the three lines on
the FritzBox 7050. My questions a

* Lines 1 & 2 have an RJ11 socket (or similar socket with RJ11 adapter -
can't remember) but Line 3 is hard-wired and expects two wires. I assume I
need to connect up a master socket to get a ring signal?
* I want to use some Cat6 cable solid core to wire up the telephone
circuits - is this suitable?
* I want to use one Cat6 cable right around the house, using three of the
wires for lines 1&2 and the last two for line 3. Do multiple master sockets
cause an issue, or can I only have one max on one line?

Thanks for your help!

Old November 7th 06, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Herman" wrote in
message
Just trying to expand my telephone cabling to make use of
the three lines on the FritzBox 7050. My questions a

* Lines 1 & 2 have an RJ11 socket (or similar socket with
RJ11 adapter - can't remember) but Line 3 is hard-wired
and expects two wires. I assume I need to connect up a
master socket to get a ring signal? * I want to use some
Cat6 cable solid core to wire up the telephone circuits -
is this suitable? * I want to use one Cat6 cable right
around the house, using three of the wires for lines 1&2
and the last two for line 3. Do multiple master sockets
cause an issue, or can I only have one max on one line?
Thanks for your help!

The RJ11 ports are only two wire, so if you need a ring wire to the phone
then yes you'll need a master socket. The supplied adaptors will include
the capacitor. I wire my lines into the exchange line ports of my PABX so
two wires are all I need.

Multiple masters aren't recommended, I would recommend a separate cable
for each line.

Ivor

Old November 7th 06, 07:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Ivor Jones laid this down on his screen :
"Herman" wrote in
message
[...]

......but what does he mean by "Lines 1 & 2 have an RJ11 socket (or
similar socket with RJ11 adapter - can't remember) but Line 3 is
hard-wired and expects two wires"....?

Is this device a 3 port device....with only 2 ports..?

Old November 7th 06, 08:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote in message

[snip]

.....but what does he mean by "Lines 1 & 2 have an RJ11
socket (or similar socket with RJ11 adapter - can't
remember) but Line 3 is hard-wired and expects two
wires"....?
Is this device a 3 port device....with only 2 ports..?

Simple, the first two ports have RJ11 sockets, the third has a small
terminal block into which you have to insert 2 wires. I suppose there
wasn't room for 3 RJ11 sockets.

Ivor

Old November 7th 06, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Ivor Jones formulated the question :

Is this device a 3 port device....with only 2 ports..?

Simple, the first two ports have RJ11 sockets, the third has a small terminal
block into which you have to insert 2 wires. I suppose there wasn't room for
3 RJ11 sockets.

Ivor

One RJ45 could power three 2-pair analogue ports.

Old November 8th 06, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote in message

Ivor Jones formulated the question :

Is this device a 3 port device....with only 2 ports..?

Simple, the first two ports have RJ11 sockets, the
third has a small terminal block into which you have to
insert 2 wires. I suppose there wasn't room for 3 RJ11
sockets.

One RJ45 could power three 2-pair analogue ports.

Which is precisely what the 7170 does, one of the reasons I'm waiting for
a UK version.

Ivor

Old November 8th 06, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Jono" wrote in message

Ivor Jones formulated the question :

Is this device a 3 port device....with only 2 ports..?

Simple, the first two ports have RJ11 sockets, the
third has a small terminal block into which you have to
insert 2 wires. I suppose there wasn't room for 3 RJ11
sockets.

One RJ45 could power three 2-pair analogue ports.

Which is precisely what the 7170 does, one of the reasons I'm waiting for
a UK version.

Ivor

Cheers for the info guys. I take it the Cat6 solid core cabling is OK for
wiring up extensions?

Thanks

Old November 9th 06, 12:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Herman" wrote in
message
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Jono" wrote in message

Ivor Jones formulated the question :

Is this device a 3 port device....with only 2
ports..?

Simple, the first two ports have RJ11 sockets, the
third has a small terminal block into which you
have to insert 2 wires. I suppose there wasn't room
for 3 RJ11 sockets.

One RJ45 could power three 2-pair analogue ports.

Which is precisely what the 7170 does, one of the
reasons I'm waiting for a UK version.

Cheers for the info guys. I take it the Cat6 solid core
cabling is OK for wiring up extensions?

I don't see why not, as long as you don't put a single RJ45 on the other
end so it gets confused with a standard Ethernet cable. Not sure what
would happen if you plugged a PC in to the phone ports..!

Ivor