voipcheap.co.uk

Old November 7th 06, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Xeonwales

Default voipcheap.co.uk

Have they now started to charge to UK landlines??

Old November 7th 06, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Xeonwales:
Have they now started to charge to UK landlines??

A few months back, yes.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
Old November 7th 06, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Xeonwales

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Xeonwales:
Have they now started to charge to UK landlines??

A few months back, yes.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Damb shame.... thought my credit was going down...

Any other providers (apart from Skype) that offer free uk landline
calls??

Old November 7th 06, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Xeonwales:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Xeonwales:
Have they now started to charge to UK landlines??

A few months back, yes.

Damb shame.... thought my credit was going down...

Any other providers (apart from Skype) that offer free uk landline
calls??

I use sister service to VoIPCheap.co.uk, VoIPStunt.com which has UK as
free and 120 free days.

The .com version of VoIPCheap has the UK as free but only 90 free days,
but a much better deal on calling UK mobiles.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old November 7th 06, 07:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 7 Nov 2006 10:46:58 -0800, "Xeonwales"
wrote:

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Xeonwales:
Have they now started to charge to UK landlines??

A few months back, yes.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Damb shame.... thought my credit was going down...

Any other providers (apart from Skype) that offer free uk landline
calls??

Not 'Free' but good deals...
2/month (or 20/year) for inclusive off peak calls and 2p/call peak
with voip.co.uk. for UK calls.
2p/call anytime with Vyke for calls within Europe + US
http://tinyurl.com/ylu8os
Personally I'd sooner go with a VSP that isn't changing the T&Cs every
few weeks as the Finarea companies appear to do.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 7th 06, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"Brian A" wrote in message
On 7 Nov 2006 10:46:58 -0800, "Xeonwales"
wrote:

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Xeonwales:
Have they now started to charge to UK landlines??

A few months back, yes.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Damb shame.... thought my credit was going down...

Any other providers (apart from Skype) that offer free uk landline
calls??

Not 'Free' but good deals...
2/month (or 20/year) for inclusive off peak calls and 2p/call peak
with voip.co.uk. for UK calls.
2p/call anytime with Vyke for calls within Europe + US
http://tinyurl.com/ylu8os
Personally I'd sooner go with a VSP that isn't changing the T&Cs every
few weeks as the Finarea companies appear to do.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Hi,

Have you tried out Vyke?

I am very interested to know what their like. I certainly like the offer as
they present it (2p/call).

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old November 7th 06, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh News Reader:
"Brian A" wrote in message
On 7 Nov 2006 10:46:58 -0800, "Xeonwales"
wrote:

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Xeonwales:
[...]

Do they supply an incoming number, does anyone have the setting for an
ATA?

Old November 7th 06, 09:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"Xeonwales" wrote in message
oups.com...
Have they now started to charge to UK landlines??

I left a few pence credit in my voip.co.uk account and use it for
incoming calls only. It has a very easy to remember Manchester
number and I hope they don't disable it.
I signed up for an account with voipcheap.com and use
that for my outgoing calls.

I also have some sipgate accounts (no credit) mainly for other incoming
traffic,
but, very useful for making 0800 calls, as I found out to my cost that
voipcheap.com like to charge you for those!
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old November 8th 06, 10:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Have you tried out Vyke?

I haven't tried Vyke and I haven't seen any postings where people have
indicated that they use Vyke. Atm it is an unknown animal, I think, as
far as this group is concerned. I suppose that it will only cost about
5 credit to find out.

I am very interested to know what their like. I certainly like the
offer as they present it (2p/call).

Best wishes,

Do they supply an incoming number, does anyone have the setting for an
ATA?

I sent an email to them asking for ATA set up details as they weren't
on their site. They wrote back to say that they supplied the info.
when you signed up. A bit silly really, in my view. People need to
know if it is likely to work OK, with their equipment. Being furnished
with the SIP settings is likely to give them more confidence in this
area.
As regards an incoming number, I don't see that as important as many
VOIPists - oh a new word :-) - use several outgoing providers with a
lesser number of incoming numbers. It is possible to get free UK
incoming numbers so whether Vyke provide them isn't so important.
I don't see evidence, on Vyke's web site, that they offer numbers,
but, as they are secretive about their SIP settings they may be
equally secretive about their other products.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 8th 06, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Brian A:
[...]

I have a PAP2 ATA, and whilst I have an incoming number with Sipgate I
also have one with VoIPStunt, which is very handy. I do have several
other accounts and will be setting up an Asterisk box, but I've been
saying that for about a year now.

I like the sound of Vyke with the 2p per call system, but don't like not
having an incoming local number or the fact they don't publish the
settings for an ATA on their site.

At the moment I am happy with VoIPStunt and by using the various sister
companies had over 15 months of free calling for a grand total of six
Euro, so I've had my money's worth.

So Vyke offering a local incoming number is important to me.