Sipgate tones

Old November 8th 06, 08:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mick

Default Sipgate tones

Is there anywhere where I can go to get a description of the various
tones used on Sipgate?

During a call yesterday, the incoming call terminated (don't know why).
The caller couldn't call me back and i could not call back.

Phone works fine now - but I get a tone that is on-off-on-off-on-off
(don't know how else to describe it).

I would have said it was an engaged tone if I was dialling out.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mick

Old November 8th 06, 09:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Mick" wrote in message

Is there anywhere where I can go to get a description of
the various tones used on Sipgate?

During a call yesterday, the incoming call terminated
(don't know why). The caller couldn't call me back and i
could not call back.

Phone works fine now - but I get a tone that is
on-off-on-off-on-off (don't know how else to describe it).

I would have said it was an engaged tone if I was
dialling out.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Tones are generated by your ATA or softphone, not by Sipgate. What
equipment are you using..?

Ivor

Old November 8th 06, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

"Mick" wrote in message
Ivor Jones wrote:

"Mick" wrote in message

Is there anywhere where I can go to get a description of
the various tones used on Sipgate?

During a call yesterday, the incoming call terminated
(don't know why). The caller couldn't call me back and i
could not call back.

Phone works fine now - but I get a tone that is
on-off-on-off-on-off (don't know how else to describe it).

I would have said it was an engaged tone if I was
dialling out.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Tones are generated by your ATA or softphone, not by Sipgate. What
equipment are you using..?

Ivor

Linksys SPA1001

Mick

Sounds like it might me Mail Waiting Indicator (MWI)

Check your Sipgate voicemail (50000)

Sparks

Old November 9th 06, 08:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mick

Sparks wrote:

"Mick" wrote in message
Ivor Jones wrote:

"Mick" wrote in message

Is there anywhere where I can go to get a description of
the various tones used on Sipgate?

During a call yesterday, the incoming call terminated
(don't know why). The caller couldn't call me back and i
could not call back.

Phone works fine now - but I get a tone that is
on-off-on-off-on-off (don't know how else to describe it).

I would have said it was an engaged tone if I was
dialling out.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Tones are generated by your ATA or softphone, not by Sipgate. What
equipment are you using..?

Ivor

Linksys SPA1001

Mick

Sounds like it might me Mail Waiting Indicator (MWI)

Check your Sipgate voicemail (50000)

Sparks

There is no voicemail unfortunately
Mick