Accessing Network Storage remotely

Old November 8th 06, 06:16 PM posted to ntl.discussion.home-networking,uk.comp.home-networking
Flyer

Default Accessing Network Storage remotely

"Nel" wrote in message
I've just set up a Network Storage drive onto my wireless network on NTL
cable.

I was wondering if it was possible to access the files on this remotely on
the internet, without the need to have a P.C. switched on at home. I can
currently use a workaround using 'Log Me In' but this requires that one of
my P.C's is on.

I have looked on the drive's website, but to say that it is vague would be
an understatement!

Assuming you're using a router (you don't actually say), you'd need to
forward the appropriate ports through to your NAS box in order to access
it. If it has a FTP server, then you're looking at ports 20 & 21, if
http/web, then port 80,8080 etc, not forgetting to secure it as much as
humanly possible.

P.