Swine of a problem

Old November 8th 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Glenn

Default Swine of a problem

Can anybody!! Help with this swine of a problem please.

I Have two PCs a Desktop and a Laptop lets call them "A" and "B" both
machines run WIN XP.
A running XP Pro
B running XP Home.
Both run Norton NIS 2006
Both are connected by cable to a Belkin wireless/Modem/Router
Both Machines A and B have a Ethernet card installed and a network called
MSHOME
Both Machines allow each other access to files/folders. email. Internet etc.

No Real problems so FAR.

We also have a wireless Network running between A and B and this is where
the fun starts, If I disable the cable network between A and B.
Leaving just the wireless network connected, I can still get to access all
files and folders on machines A & B but can only get email/Internet access
on A.

So what setting affects only the wireless settings for email internet ???
Any help or explanation accepted

Thank you

Old November 10th 06, 07:54 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
PhilT

Glenn wrote:

So what setting affects only the wireless settings for email internet ???
Any help or explanation accepted

Windoze firewall may be on the wireless NIC and not the wired, or some
of the other paranoiaware you're running may have adapter specific
settings. Uninstall all that stuff, disconnect the wire, reboot
everything and see where that takes you.

Other settings like "NetBIOS over TCP/IP" are adapter specific and
merit checking.

Phil

Old November 10th 06, 11:42 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
devs

In message , Glenn
writes
[...]

Check default gateway is correct for wireless adapter on B.
--
Devs
"Punchdown Pete the old Kroner"