Problems with Sipgate to Orange 8781 xxxx

Old November 9th 06, 02:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Default Problems with Sipgate to Orange 8781 xxxx

"Peter Jones" wrote in message

Hi,

Anyone had problems calling out from Sipgate to Orange
mobiles?

Peter

Since when..? Using what equipment..? Not tried it recently but it worked
ok last time I did (a few weeks ago I must admit).

Ivor

Old November 9th 06, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"Peter Jones" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 02:02:07 -0000 Ivor Jones "Ivor Jones"
wrote:
"Peter Jones" wrote in message

Hi,

Anyone had problems calling out from Sipgate to Orange
mobiles?

Peter

Since when..

Last couple of days I've tried this number several times. I can call
the number just fine from another mobile.

Peter
--
Peter Jones

Join the campaign against ID cards
www.no2id.net

Hi,

It may be that these are more "recent" additions to Orange's actively used
number range. I seem to recall that Sipgate (nothing against them or saying
a bad word to or about them) weren't always the hottest at updating their
routing tables with recent amendments or new entries.

It could be this. You could always drop them a message.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old November 10th 06, 01:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Peter Jones" wrote in message

[snip]

I'll do that. I'm I right to assume that if I can't call
this mobile number that sms texts will fail as well, even
though they are reported as sent on the Sipgate site?

This is a problem with all SMS sites, not just Sipgate's. The message
*has* been sent, that doesn't necessarily mean it's arrived..!

Ivor

Peter

Old November 10th 06, 07:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Peter Jones" wrote in message
I'll do that. I'm I right to assume that if I can't call
this mobile number that sms texts will fail as well, even
though they are reported as sent on the Sipgate site?

This is a problem with all SMS sites, not just Sipgate's. The message
*has* been sent, that doesn't necessarily mean it's arrived..!

I take your point, though my limited experience of sending sms via
Sipgate has been good - apart from this one number which I can't call
and presumably can't text either.

Have you tried texting it?

There's an equal chance that it will work, even though voice doesn't.

Old November 10th 06, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Peter Jones wrote:

Ivor wrote:

This is a problem with all SMS sites, not just Sipgate's. The message
*has* been sent, that doesn't necessarily mean it's arrived..!

I have tried texting the number. Sipgate says the sms has been sent,
but I have no idea if it was actually received - it looks unlikely.

On a mobile, you can put *0# at the beginning of the message and get some
kind of ACK of you sending it - not sure where in the network the ACK comes
from, however.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
19:38:25 up 17 days, 3:24, 3 users, load average: 3.16, 3.17, 3.15