babble.net problem

Old November 9th 06, 02:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Anthony Thornton

Default babble.net problem

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with dialling out to
landlines using babble.net.

Only recently installed and I managed to make 2 outgoing calls using the
free credit that came with the Cyberphone K phone bought from babble.net.
Now I get a failed when I dial out. The thing is that text messages work but
dialling out doesn't.

Tried it with my firewall shut down and I still get a fail. I'm on NTL with
2mbps down and 200kbps up and no other internet traffic when I dial.

Personally, I think it's a problem with their server. I've contacted support
and they asked me for dates and times of some failed calls which I gave to
them yesterday. Nothing back yet.

Old November 10th 06, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Anthony Thornton

Problem solved: It was the firewall in Zone Alarm Security Suite. Tried
everything from shutting it down to configuring ports and nothing worked -
calling out on Babble still failed. Then I uninstalled Zone Alarm and
calling out on babble worked. Now I just need a new security suite!