Three laptops see WiFi access point, one doesn't

Old November 9th 06, 07:36 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
David Rance

Default Three laptops see WiFi access point, one doesn't

This is a problem which has me completely foxed.

I have a USR 8451 access point. My laptop can see the access point,
daughter A's laptop can see the access point, my wife's laptop can see
the access point.

But daughter B's laptop can't see it. In fact it cannot see any access
points in the vicinity of my house. However it can see her own access
point when she's at home and it can see plenty of access points from her
neighbours and it can see the access point at her place of work.

So why can't it see mine? Any pointers gratefully received!

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK

Old November 9th 06, 11:42 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
That Bloke

Try to change the channel number of the access point and see if that makes a
difference. If it uses Intel oftware it allows you to set it so it does not
see rouge acceass points.