Complete beginner info on networking

Old November 9th 06, 11:25 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
edwardo

Default Complete beginner info on networking

Hi
I have had my own computer for some time now and now that my son has one I
would like to have his on the same internet connection could anyone give me
advice on what I need and also what would be the best setup for a complete
beginner like me.
Thanks for any info
from Edwardo..

Old November 9th 06, 11:28 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
PhilT

edwardo wrote:

I have had my own computer for some time now and now that my son has one I
would like to have his on the same internet connection could anyone give me
advice on what I need and also what would be the best setup for a complete
beginner like me.

what's the internet connection and how is it connected ? Are you
prepared to spend money, if so how much - £20 / £50 / £100 ?

Phil

Old November 10th 06, 12:38 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jeff Gaines

On 09/11/2006 in message
edwardo wrote:

Hi
I have had my own computer for some time now and now that my son has one I
would like to have his on the same internet connection could anyone give
me advice on what I need and also what would be the best setup for a
complete beginner like me.
Thanks for any info
from Edwardo..

I put some notes together for another group he
http://www.jgaines.eu/html/networkin...computers.html

They may be useful, dificult to know since I wrote them :-))

--
Jeff Gaines
Damerham Hampshire UK
Old November 17th 06, 04:28 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Hi edwardo

Try linking to the following
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...tup/wired.mspx
which may help as a starting point and has the advantage of including
many illustrations.