Which service for both BT and voip calls?

Old November 10th 06, 12:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Henry Hooray

Default Which service for both BT and voip calls?

Hi

Having had long hard looks at a number of offerings I am now more confused
than ever.

I'm looking for a reliable voip offering that can make (cheap!) and receive
calls with the public telephone network, and also make and receive free
calls over sip and voip from other voip providers.

A geographic number in the south of the UK would be a great advantage!

Any suggestions? - TIA.

Old November 10th 06, 02:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

Henry Hooray wrote:
Hi

Having had long hard looks at a number of offerings I am now more confused
than ever.

I'm looking for a reliable voip offering that can make (cheap!) and receive
calls with the public telephone network, and also make and receive free
calls over sip and voip from other voip providers.

A geographic number in the south of the UK would be a great advantage!

Any suggestions? - TIA.

I do just that with voip.co.uk, but there are others available.
Old November 10th 06, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

"Henry Hooray" wrote in message
Hi

Having had long hard looks at a number of offerings I am now more confused
than ever.

I'm looking for a reliable voip offering that can make (cheap!) and
receive calls with the public telephone network, and also make and receive
free calls over sip and voip from other voip providers.

A geographic number in the south of the UK would be a great advantage!

Any suggestions? - TIA.

I'd recommend www.voip.co.uk have been with them for around 3 months and
they have been 100% reliable, very good value and customer services is
excellent. I am on their optional UK pack which is 19.99/year or
1.99/month and for this they give you free off peak calls of up to an hour
and peak rate calls are 2p per call for up to an hour. I just hang up and
redial before the hour is up to make sure I don't get charged after the hour
is up. You get a free incoming geographic number for the area code of your
choice.

Old November 10th 06, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Phil" wrote in message

[snip]

I'd recommend www.voip.co.uk have been with them for
around 3 months and they have been 100% reliable, very
good value and customer services is excellent. I am on
their optional UK pack which is 19.99/year or
1.99/month and for this they give you free off peak
calls of up to an hour and peak rate calls are 2p per
call for up to an hour. I just hang up and redial before
the hour is up to make sure I don't get charged after the
hour is up. You get a free incoming geographic number for
the area code of your choice.

I love it when people say "1.99 a month for free calls" ;-)

Ivor

Old November 10th 06, 04:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Ivor Jones wrote:
I love it when people say "1.99 a month for free calls" ;-)

Look at it as a monthly subscription fee if you want, not unlike mobiles
where you have inclusive minutes. You dont really have to make many
phone calls for it to become over 2 a month.

I too have been with voip.co.uk for around 3-4 months and they have been
great - in fact I dropped my NTL line altought and use voip.co.uk as my
main incoming phone line.
Old November 10th 06, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

"Ivor Jones" wrote in I love it when people say
"1.99 a month for free calls" ;-)

Ivor

Not this again. I nearly put in a note f.a.o Ivor: I know there is a
monthly/yearly charge. Yes you pay a charge but after that the call charges
are as stated.
Ivor just for future reference could you tell me how to word things
regarding voip.co.uk's off peak charges so as not to get your back up
because I'm not praising your beloved Sipgate.

Old November 10th 06, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Phil" wrote in message

[snip]

I'd recommend www.voip.co.uk have been with them for
around 3 months and they have been 100% reliable, very
good value and customer services is excellent. I am on
their optional UK pack which is 19.99/year or
1.99/month and for this they give you free off peak
calls of up to an hour and peak rate calls are 2p per
call for up to an hour. I just hang up and redial before
the hour is up to make sure I don't get charged after the
hour is up. You get a free incoming geographic number for
the area code of your choice.

I love it when people say "1.99 a month for free calls" ;-)

Ivor

Ah yes, I remember in the early days we had Diamond Cable in this area.
They advertised their 'free' calls to other users without mentioning
their 10 per month line rental!
Old November 10th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-11-10, Phil wrote:

"Ivor Jones" wrote ini
I love it when people say "1.99 a month for free calls" ;-)

Ivor

Not this again. I nearly put in a note f.a.o Ivor: I know there is a
monthly/yearly charge. Yes you pay a charge but after that the call charges
are as stated.
Ivor just for future reference could you tell me how to word things
regarding voip.co.uk's off peak charges so as not to get your back up
because I'm not praising your beloved Sipgate.

Please consider continuing to word your posts exactly as you see fit and
without having to look over your shoulder for a hobbyhorse bearing down
on you. The one in reply to the OP was on topic for this group, accurate
and very helpful.

Brian.
Old November 11th 06, 01:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Phil" wrote in message

"Ivor Jones" wrote in I love
it when people say "1.99 a month for free calls" ;-)

Ivor

Not this again. I nearly put in a note f.a.o Ivor: I know
there is a monthly/yearly charge. Yes you pay a charge
but after that the call charges are as stated.
Ivor just for future reference could you tell me how to
word things regarding voip.co.uk's off peak charges so as
not to get your back up because I'm not praising your
beloved Sipgate.

You won't get my back up for not praising Sipgate, despite what Dexter
would have you believe.

All I said was I find it funny when people say so much a month for "free"
calls. They're not, they're inclusive, which is the word that should be
used.

Ivor

Old November 11th 06, 01:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Brian" wrote in message

[snip]

Please consider continuing to word your posts exactly as
you see fit and without having to look over your shoulder
for a hobbyhorse bearing down on you. The one in reply to
the OP was on topic for this group, accurate and very
helpful.

"Free for x a month" is accurate..? This must be a new definition of the
word accurate of which I am unaware, please enlighten me.

Ivor