voip.co.uk

Old November 11th 06, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Default voip.co.uk

Hello all,

What is the use of the "create new SIP account" tab within the
voip.co.uk control panel?

Can I have a second device with the same geo number?

Or what?

Cheers,

Jono.

Old November 11th 06, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ACDeag

Jono was thinking very hard :
Hello all,

What is the use of the "create new SIP account" tab within the voip.co.uk
control panel?

Can I have a second device with the same geo number?

Or what?

Cheers,

Jono.

You can create a new account and create a new number to point to it,
this way you have two lines. Some devices can point to two different
providers, in this case they would both be voip.co.uk.

Old November 11th 06, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Hello all,

What is the use of the "create new SIP account" tab within the voip.co.uk
control panel?

Can I have a second device with the same geo number?

Or what?

Cheers,

Jono.

Jono
you can have two devices (or more) pointing at the same number - they all
ring when someone rings you and the first one to answer gets the call.
Roger.

Old November 11th 06, 08:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

"Roger" wrote in message

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Hello all,

What is the use of the "create new SIP account" tab within the voip.co.uk
control panel?

Can I have a second device with the same geo number?

Or what?

Cheers,

Jono.

Jono
you can have two devices (or more) pointing at the same number - they all
ring when someone rings you and the first one to answer gets the call.
Roger.

I should have said - this is basic to lots of sip providers and has nothing
to do with the add sip account option.

Old November 11th 06, 08:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

on 11/11/2006, Roger supposed :
"Roger" wrote in message

I should have said - this is basic to lots of sip providers and has nothing
to do with the add sip account option.

Ta.

Old November 11th 06, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 19:22:59 GMT, Jono
wrote:

Hello all,

What is the use of the "create new SIP account" tab within the
voip.co.uk control panel?

Can I have a second device with the same geo number?

Each device should have its own account and password.

You can then map the phone numbers to devices as you like: a number to
each, or several devices to each number, or several numbers to each
device, or a mixture.

Calls can be passed from one number to another if unanswered.

It's a great system. Shame it is entirely undocumented.
Old November 12th 06, 09:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve in Herts

wrote:

Hello all,

What is the use of the "create new SIP account" tab within the
voip.co.uk control panel?

Can I have a second device with the same geo number?

Or what?

Cheers,

Jono.

And does anyone know what the "Emergency Services" tab is for?

Steve
Old November 12th 06, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 09:46:22 GMT, Steve in Herts
wrote:

And does anyone know what the "Emergency Services" tab is for?

That's where you enter the address of the phone number, so that when
you make an emergency call, the emergency services don't go to the
wrong place.