Lost webpage linksys spa3000

Old November 12th 06, 01:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Lost webpage linksys spa3000

Hallo ,

I use a linksys spa3000 for a while now without any problems,
but since a couple of days it is impossible for me to make contact with this
ATA with microsoft's web-browser(192.168.1.103)
All funtions of spa3000 are working fine.
I use this spa3000 in combination with a Linksys WRT54G and it is no problem
at all to come in this router.
Can anyone show me the way to solve this problem.
grtz
françois

Old November 12th 06, 01:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

schreef in bericht
Hallo ,

I use a linksys spa3000 for a while now without any problems,
but since a couple of days it is impossible for me to make contact with

this
ATA with microsoft's web-browser(192.168.1.103)
All funtions of spa3000 are working fine.
I use this spa3000 in combination with a Linksys WRT54G and it is no

problem
at all to come in this router.
Can anyone show me the way to solve this problem.
grtz
françois

Sorry , I wasn't finnished yet.
Even with angry ipscan it doesn't show me the IP,
but in time of installation of the ATA it wasn't a problem to find the ip
this way.
grtz fr

Old November 13th 06, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Ian Pawson" wrote in message

[snip]

Ah! The wonders of dhcp. To be avoided whenever possible.

Why..? It has its uses. Never had any problems with it myself.

Ivor

Old November 13th 06, 12:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Ian Pawson" wrote in message

[snip]

Ah! The wonders of dhcp. To be avoided whenever possible.

Why..? It has its uses. Never had any problems with it myself.

Ivor

I would strongly recommend anything that runs as a server (ftp, web,
etc) to have a static IP address. It stops you having to look for the ip
every time new ip addresses are issued (and they get a different IP
address), and also would stop any port forwarding being messed up
whenever they change.

The ATA would function correctly as you probably dont have any ports
forwarded to it, and the STUN server maintains its connection on the
internet (if I have understood it right), but you will get the same
problem again in the future if it gets a new ip address.

Its great for clients though, as it saves you having to maintain ip
addresses manually.
Old November 13th 06, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

Scope wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
"Ian Pawson" wrote in message

[snip]

Ah! The wonders of dhcp. To be avoided whenever possible.

Why..? It has its uses. Never had any problems with it myself.

Ivor

I would strongly recommend anything that runs as a server (ftp, web,
etc) to have a static IP address. It stops you having to look for the ip
every time new ip addresses are issued (and they get a different IP
address), and also would stop any port forwarding being messed up
whenever they change.

The ATA would function correctly as you probably dont have any ports
forwarded to it, and the STUN server maintains its connection on the
internet (if I have understood it right), but you will get the same
problem again in the future if it gets a new ip address.

Its great for clients though, as it saves you having to maintain ip
addresses manually.

Under windoze my router does name resolution so I can access the ATA by
name (sipura in my case) rather than by ip address. However, if you need
to put ports through your firewall for any application/server then dchp
is deadly. Most routers will serve up the same ip address to the same
mac address, however, this can't always be relied on. It takes a bit
more effort to use static addresses, but it is worth it.
Old November 13th 06, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Scope wrote:

I would strongly recommend anything that runs as a server (ftp, web,
etc) to have a static IP address.

Especially things that don't have a screen and keyboard!

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
19:40:55 up 20 days, 3:27, 2 users, load average: 3.02, 3.02, 3.00

Old November 13th 06, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Blunt

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:46:30 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"Ian Pawson" wrote in message

[snip]

Ah! The wonders of dhcp. To be avoided whenever possible.

Why..? It has its uses. Never had any problems with it myself.

The problem that people often encounter is that devices can get
reassigned a new IP address when they reboot , or some other change
takes place on the network without the user being aware of what has
happened. Then, when you try to connect to the device you find its not
present on the address you expected and you have to mess around
finding out where it is.

I have DHCP disabled on my home network and manually configure each
device individually so I know what address each one has.

I concede that on larger networks that may be difficult to manage, and
the advantages of DHCP may outweigh the disadvantages in those
circumstances.

Chris