Linksys SPA3102

Old November 13th 06, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Yaz

Default Linksys SPA3102

I would like to know what sort of setup people are using the SPA3102 and
what sort of advantages there are having.

Is programming it difficult at all? Who has the best setup support for it.

Yaz

Old November 13th 06, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:43:01 GMT, "Yaz"
wrote:

I would like to know what sort of setup people are using the SPA3102 and
what sort of advantages there are having.

Is programming it difficult at all? Who has the best setup support for it.

Yaz

The 3102 is relatively new. I have the 3000. It is the same but
without the router output. The advantage of the 3102 over the 3000 is
that if you don't have a router, and only require a simple set up, the
3102 can be connected to the modem and the computer to the router
output. I already have a router so my 3000 is connected to that.
Now, what advantages has the 3102/3000 over other ATAs ?
Well, compared to to other linksys/Sipura ATAs it has the advantage of
greater flexibility. It is possible to have up to 5 different outgoing
VOIP providers, though only 1 incoming VOIP provider. The outgoing
providers are (or can be) automatically selected by whatever number
type is dialled. This is determined by a dial plan. There is also,
though personally I don't use it, a port for a standard landline.
This, as with the incoming VOIP line, can route to the handset output.
The rest you can find out by reading the pdfs on the Sipura.com web
site. There are other makes of course, some with more incoming lines
but often less configuration flexibillity. Ivor is the expert on the
Fritzbox which I gather is very good, provides a good range of
facilities, is fairly easy to set up, but is possibly a bit less user
friendly as far as dialling is concerned as there is no 'dial plan' as
such.
As regards support. This group & voxilla.com among others.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 14th 06, 09:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Yaz wrote:
I would like to know what sort of setup people are using the SPA3102 and
what sort of advantages there are having.

There are limitless setups for the SPA3102.

A quick list off the top of my head:

- back to back as a long line extension
- inline with a home phone to put certain calls over voip, and certain
calls over POTS line. And to receive voip and pstn calls on the same phone
- As a remote trunk for an asterisk (or other) IP PBX

Is programming it difficult at all? Who has the best setup support for it.

It depends how much you know about SIP.

There is some info he
http://www.provu.co.uk/support

Tim