How to record telephone conversations on a PC?

Old November 14th 06, 06:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
OM

Default How to record telephone conversations on a PC?

I want to record telephone conversations I have on my PC.

Is there a generic software that will record all sounds going in and
out of my PC?

(In case someone says anything: I want to record telephone
conversations because I'm upset at having been sold something and
promised something else! I've fallen victim of this a few times.)
(And just incase someone else says something: no, I'm not gullable!
You don't really expect to be ripped off when talking to big reputable
companies - which I have.)

Thanks.

OM

Old November 14th 06, 07:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Cor

I use the program from http://www.supermp3recorder.com/

Cor
"I get mail; therefore I am."

"OM" schreef in bericht
oups.com...

Old November 14th 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Desk Rabbit

OM wrote:
I want to record telephone conversations I have on my PC.
(In case someone says anything: I want to record telephone
conversations because I'm upset at having been sold something and
promised something else! I've fallen victim of this a few times.)
(And just incase someone else says something: no, I'm not gullable!
You don't really expect to be ripped off when talking to big reputable
companies - which I have.)

If you plan to use your recorded evidence to legally prove a case, then
do make sure that you tell the person that you are recording the call
and that that statement is on the recording otherswise, you could end up
in more trouble than just an incorrect order!
Old November 14th 06, 10:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Richard Oliver

Desk Rabbit wrote:

If you plan to use your recorded evidence to legally prove a case, then
do make sure that you tell the person that you are recording the call
and that that statement is on the recording otherswise, you could end up
in more trouble than just an incorrect order!

What sort of "more trouble"? Can you link to a single case where there
has been "more trouble"?