What's the cheapest way to call 0845 and 0870 numbers?

Old November 14th 06, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
OM

Default What's the cheapest way to call 0845 and 0870 numbers?

Can someone tell me what the cheapest way to call 0845 and 0870 numbers
is?

I accept that I have to make a payment to make the call.
(Or is there a way round this!?)
But surely... there must be a 'cheapest' way to call...?

Ya I've tried this one: ask the number being called for a landline.
They don't always know or want to tell.

I try the trick of asking for an international number: but this I find
only works 20% of the time.

Thanks.

OM

Old November 14th 06, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr.Muppster

"OM" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can someone tell me what the cheapest way to call 0845 and 0870 numbers
is?

I accept that I have to make a payment to make the call.
(Or is there a way round this!?)
But surely... there must be a 'cheapest' way to call...?

Ya I've tried this one: ask the number being called for a landline.
They don't always know or want to tell.

I try the trick of asking for an international number: but this I find
only works 20% of the time.

Thanks.

OM

I always find this site useful for checking the cheapest way to call various
numbers.

http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert...cker/index.php

HTH

Mr.M

Old November 14th 06, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Malcolm Loades

In message .com, OM
writes

Your 'first port of call ' should be www.saynoto0870.com
Old November 14th 06, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"OM" wrote in message
oups.com
Can someone tell me what the cheapest way to call 0845
and 0870 numbers is?

Don't..!

If you absolutely must (and I wouldn't unless it was a matter of life &
death and even then I'd think about it..!) then www.saynoto0870.com may
have an alternative.

Unless you're specifically asking for a VoIP solution, have you asked in
uk.telecom..?

Ivor

Old November 14th 06, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:57:06 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"OM" wrote in message
roups.com
Can someone tell me what the cheapest way to call 0845
and 0870 numbers is?

Don't..!

If you absolutely must (and I wouldn't unless it was a matter of life &
death and even then I'd think about it..!) then www.saynoto0870.com may
have an alternative.

Unless you're specifically asking for a VoIP solution, have you asked in
uk.telecom..?

Ivor

O2 allow 0870,0845,0844 numbers as inclusive minutes. If you do a lot
of calling to these numbers it might be worth a contract.
Alternatively, 18185 offers cheapish rates.
I haven't come across any particularly cheap VOIP rates to these
numbers.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 14th 06, 09:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Desk Rabbit

OM wrote:
Can someone tell me what the cheapest way to call 0845 and 0870 numbers
is?

If you are calling to purchase then when they answer say "Do you want my
business? If so call me back on xxxxxxxxxx"

I hate 0870 sales lines, that really takes the **** along with 0870
complaint lines.

If you are calling for support, then 0870 is reasonable (in my opinion)
to cover running costs.
Old November 14th 06, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"OM" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can someone tell me what the cheapest way to call 0845 and 0870 numbers
is?

I accept that I have to make a payment to make the call.
(Or is there a way round this!?)
But surely... there must be a 'cheapest' way to call...?

Ya I've tried this one: ask the number being called for a landline.
They don't always know or want to tell.

I try the trick of asking for an international number: but this I find
only works 20% of the time.

Thanks.

OM

You can make 0845 calls by dialling a geographic dial-through
(Hemel Hempstead) 01442 826823
http://www.pre-dial.com
I understand the above number is a pre launch trial so don't expect
it to last forever.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old November 14th 06, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"Never Worked" "=?x-user-defined?Q? ̃ @ ̃ ?=" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 21:27:26 -0000, Graham wrote:

You can make 0845 calls by dialling a geographic dial-through
(Hemel Hempstead) 01442 826823

During its short life it never worked for 0845 or 0870.

http://www.pre-dial.com
I understand the above number is a pre launch trial so don't expect
it to last forever.

Pre-launch has already finished (although it never offered 0845/0870
anyway). How does pre-dial.com get into the picture?

I never said it worked for 0870
It worked for 0845 at 9:30 this evening when I made
my posting! now there is no answer. I can't help thinking
this isn't a coincidence.

The OP in this thread suggests that http://www.pre-dial.com
are involved.
http://snipurl.com/126lg
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old November 15th 06, 03:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Graham wrote:
[...]

Whenever i ring the 01442 number from my landline i get ringing tone no
reply!

Old November 15th 06, 03:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Your 'first port of call ' should be www.saynoto0870.com

Sometimes you can find alternatives by just searching the internet, or
getting an email address,
(e.g. you can cancel lost Nectar card online, or you can call gov. 0845
lines from their tax / other offices )
but if nothing else works take your business elsewhere !
Regards,
Martin