Wireless AP with more than one RJ45 socket?

Old November 15th 06, 10:25 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Nigel Molesworth

Default Wireless AP with more than one RJ45 socket?

I want to add a Wireless Access Point to my network, but it has to go
where there is already a single wired connection that is in use.

Does anyone know of a Wireless AP with more than one RJ45 socket?

Pre-empted answers to "why or why not" questions below:

[1] Yes, I know I could use a hub, but it would be untidy
[2] No, I can't pick up the wireless signal where the AP is going
[3] No, I can't make the existing device wireless
[4] Because I want to!

--
Nigel M
Old November 15th 06, 11:46 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Wed, 15 Nov
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk Nigel Molesworth
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

Does anyone know of a Wireless AP with more than one RJ45 socket?

Why not buy a wireless router, and just not use the router function? Many of
them are just a 4/5 port switch with a WAP built in and a router bolted on.

deKay
--
Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
Old November 15th 06, 06:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dr Zoidberg

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
I want to add a Wireless Access Point to my network, but it has to go
where there is already a single wired connection that is in use.

Does anyone know of a Wireless AP with more than one RJ45 socket?

Just buy a cheap wireless cable router and disable the DHCP server and
router.
It'll then behave as an access point and switch

--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk

Old November 16th 06, 08:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Nigel Molesworth

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:05:01 -0000, Dr Zoidberg wrote:

Just buy a cheap wireless cable router and disable the DHCP server and
router. It'll then behave as an access point and switch

My main reason for not doing this was the cost, but I've managed to
get a router reasonably cheaply.

--
Nigel M