RedTen: Bad Vibes Already?

Old November 16th 06, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Travec the Dacian

Default RedTen: Bad Vibes Already?

On 9 November I emailed the sales dept or RedTen with the following
question:

"If I migrate to RedTen Internet using a MAC from my existing ISP do I
still have to pay your 49.99 connection fee?"

Seven long days later, on 16 November I got the following reply:

"All customers who sign up to Redten Internet will be required to pay
the 49.99 connection fee."

Three things are of interest here.

1) It took Redten's SALES people a whole week to reply to a sales
enquiry. Imagine how long it would take for Customer Services or
Support to reply. A month maybe? If ever?

2) The 49.99 connection fee applies to EVERYONE. MAC code or not.
Work that one out, chaps.

3) But possibly the most interesting thing here is the email address
of the person who replied

One might have thought they would have managed to give their Watford
Electronics staff new email addresses by now, thus disguising Redten's
dubious Watford Electronics background to all. To everyone except, of
course, to the knowledgeable and impecunious gentry of this NG ;-)

Bah, Humbug!

Travec

Old November 16th 06, 09:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Charlie Mitchell

1) It took Redten's SALES people a whole week to reply to a sales
enquiry. Imagine how long it would take for Customer Services or
Support to reply. A month maybe? If ever?

2) The 49.99 connection fee applies to EVERYONE. MAC code or not.
Work that one out, chaps.

3) But possibly the most interesting thing here is the email address
of the person who replied

One might have thought they would have managed to give their Watford
Electronics staff new email addresses by now, thus disguising Redten's
dubious Watford Electronics background to all. To everyone except, of
course, to the knowledgeable and impecunious gentry of this NG ;-)

Bah, Humbug!

Travec

I agree, below is a copy of a posting I sent up to another
newsgroup....

I was so tempted to sign up, could do with a new pc, only use it for
browsing the web and emails, nothing too heavy, thought I'd ask a few
questions before signing up though.

Called their sales line and asked if they had a news server, complete
confusion, puts me on hold, then tells me that I can access "Usernet"
through a WWW address. Not a good start I thought, but after all they
are in the sales department, lets face it, most companies sales
departments are useless when it comes to anything slightly technical.

I called their technical support line, which, might I add is on an 0871
number at 10p per minute, guess what? INDIAN CALL CENTRE! Should have
expected it really, how else can they give away free PC's with an
internet connection? I tried asking the question "What is the server
address for newsgroups please?" Didn't understand that, kept asking me
if my computer had been delivered yet, I tried phrasing it another way
"Do you have a news server?" Nope, that didn't work, again was more
interested in finding out if my PC had been delivered, I said I
hadn't signed up yet, all I wanted to know was if they had a news
server! I asked him if he understood what I was asking, he said No.

Not a very good start really, I think I'll hold off signing up, God
only knows what they'll be like if you actually need any technical
support, is it possible they could be any worse than HP?

--
(\__/) Charlie Mitchell.
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your