BT total Broadband - Now with unlimited usage!

Old November 17th 06, 01:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default BT total Broadband - Now with unlimited usage!

Hi All,
Just had the following email from BT:
---
You get so much more with BT Total Broadband Option 3, and at 26.99
you'll save 3 off your monthly bill - plus, as a special offer
for existing customers, when you upgrade you'll get unlimited usage
every month for as long as you stay on Option 3! Don't miss out -
it's free, fast and simple to upgrade - just confirm a few personal
details and we'll do the rest for you!

Small print regarding unlimited usage - Applies to BT Total Broadband
Option 3 customers only. No monthly usage guideline applies. No charge
or termination of service will be made for excessive usage. Effective
from 1st December 2006.
----

I'm on option 4 at the moment and have just exceeded my monthly cap
limit! So this looks good to me...unlimited usage and a reduced
price.....what's the catch????? (apart from another 12 month contract).
Will I have to use the supplied home hub or can I continue to use the
service with the equipment I currently have (belkin wireless
modem/router)????

Anyone else get this email???

Old November 17th 06, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mick

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

If that had have been available at the beginning of the week for new
customers I would have signed up straight away. As it is I have signed up
for Virgins option 1, mainly because BT didn't know that they could supply
broadband to us. It took Virgin two goes to inform BT that they had recently
upgraded our area. I would have prefered phone & broadband with one company
at a fixed price but I'll see what service I get for the next 12 months.

Old November 17th 06, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
duggs

Mick wrote:

If that had have been available at the beginning of the week for new
customers I would have signed up straight away. As it is I have signed up
for Virgins option 1, mainly because BT didn't know that they could supply
broadband to us. It took Virgin two goes to inform BT that they had recently
upgraded our area. I would have prefered phone & broadband with one company
at a fixed price but I'll see what service I get for the next 12 months.

Looking at the email it is only for existing customers anyway. There is
no sign of this offer on the website. I've had to email BT to get me
switched over as the link in the email doesnt work properly! (suprise
suprise!!)

Old November 17th 06, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian G

duggs wrote:
Mick wrote:

If that had have been available at the beginning of the week for new
customers I would have signed up straight away. As it is I have
signed up for Virgins option 1, mainly because BT didn't know that
they could supply broadband to us. It took Virgin two goes to inform
BT that they had recently upgraded our area. I would have prefered
phone & broadband with one company at a fixed price but I'll see
what service I get for the next 12 months.

Looking at the email it is only for existing customers anyway. There
is no sign of this offer on the website. I've had to email BT to get
me switched over as the link in the email doesnt work properly!
(suprise suprise!!)

Beware of BT "special offers/attractions" as they tend to give you a little
carrot and then hit you with the big stick - and I'm speaking from personal
experience!

Having been a BT customer for thirty years, my advice is to "sit tight" for
a while on this as their support staff seem to have no knowledge of this
'deal' and are asking for further information - it smacks of the usual BT
cock-up, and its also quite possible that the "unlimited usage" may not be
as it seems and I suspect that a 'fair usage' policy will apply as per their
infamous "Terms and Conditions" as soon as the heavy file sharing starts.