Answering machine on voip.co.uk?

Old November 18th 06, 01:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Default Answering machine on voip.co.uk?

Hi all,

Can somebody tell me what the answering machine service with voip.co.uk
is like? My DECT phone is behaving rather strange when it comes to
answering machine so I'd like to start using the answering service
voip.co.uk is offering.

1) Can you set up your ATA/DECT (I've got a PAP2) to pick up messages or
atleast display answering waiting message on your phone? (I've read
something about this, but not seen it in practice, or heard anybody
using it)
2) Does their SMS-when-message-left service work OK?
3) Can you listen to your messages from any phone, provided you dial
your access code?

Cheers.
Old November 18th 06, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

After serious thinking Scope wrote :
Hi all,

Can somebody tell me what the answering machine service with voip.co.uk is
like? My DECT phone is behaving rather strange when it comes to answering
machine so I'd like to start using the answering service voip.co.uk is
offering.

It is very basic - AFAIK, once you've listened to a message, you cannot
listen again, without going to your account webpage & listening online.

I've found MWI to not work - p'raps someone can confirm this?

1) Can you set up your ATA/DECT (I've got a PAP2) to pick up messages or
atleast display answering waiting message on your phone? (I've read something
about this, but not seen it in practice, or heard anybody using it)

MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) is what I've struggled with.

2) Does their SMS-when-message-left service work OK?

Didn't know they had one. email-when-message-left performs fine.

3) Can you listen to your messages from any phone, provided you dial your
access code?

Think so. By way of an 0845 # (Could be wrong on this tho')

Old November 18th 06, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

You can pick up your voicemail from any phone by dialling 0845 034 5000 and
entering your mailbox number followed by the # key. You can also get them to
email you it as an attachment.

Old November 20th 06, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Jono wrote:
After serious thinking Scope wrote :
Hi all,

Can somebody tell me what the answering machine service with
voip.co.uk is like? My DECT phone is behaving rather strange when it
comes to answering machine so I'd like to start using the answering
service voip.co.uk is offering.

It is very basic - AFAIK, once you've listened to a message, you cannot
listen again, without going to your account webpage & listening online.

Yes I've realised. Perhaps Theo, who used to post here when voip.co.uk
first started up can pick up on this and make some changes.

We should be able to listen to old messages (up to X days), and at the
very least, when listening to messages, it should say something like
"Message left at XX:YY on the DATE", rather than just "Message".

I've found MWI to not work - p'raps someone can confirm this?

I think im nearly there, but not quite yet. I have a flashing icon on my
phone now, which, according to the manual means I have messages in the
"operating mail box". I also get 4-5 quick rings when I call out from my
phone, probably to indicate I have a message waiting.. The problem is,
even though I have deleted all my messages I still get this, the icon is
still blinking.

I have emailed support at voip.co.uk, so hopefully they will get back
with some useful information.

2) Does their SMS-when-message-left service work OK?

Didn't know they had one. email-when-message-left performs fine.

Yes they do, on the Voicemail Profiles page. I have found the email one
works fine aswell.

Cheers,
Rune
Old November 20th 06, 03:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Scope wrote:
Jono wrote:
[...]

I have had a reply back from voip.co.uk, quick as usual. They say they
are aware of the problem (telling my ATA I have a message waiting, even
though I havent), and their development guys are working on it.. He also
said they are working on some new features to do with the voicemail and
areas around it (getting MWI working is one of them I guess), so
hopefully we will have this soon.

I passed my suggestions (see above) to them, so hopefully he will pass
them on to their dev team.
Old November 20th 06, 04:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Geddes

Scope wrote:
Hi all,

Can somebody tell me what the answering machine service with voip.co.uk
is like?

Note that voip.co.uk offer one voice mailbox per account - not per PSTN
number.

John Geddes
Old November 20th 06, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Scope presented the following explanation :

I've found MWI to not work - p'raps someone can confirm this?

I think im nearly there, but not quite yet. I have a flashing icon on my
phone now, which, according to the manual means I have messages in the
"operating mail box". I also get 4-5 quick rings when I call out from my
phone, probably to indicate I have a message waiting.. The problem is, even
though I have deleted all my messages I still get this, the icon is still
blinking.

That's exactly what I meant when I lazily said "I found MWI to not
work"

I have emailed support at voip.co.uk, so hopefully they will get back with
some useful information.

2) Does their SMS-when-message-left service work OK?

Didn't know they had one. email-when-message-left performs fine.

Yes they do, on the Voicemail Profiles page.

WHat's the cost?

Old December 28th 06, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Jono wrote:
Scope presented the following explanation :

I've found MWI to not work - p'raps someone can confirm this?

I think im nearly there, but not quite yet. I have a flashing icon on
my phone now, which, according to the manual means I have messages in
the "operating mail box". I also get 4-5 quick rings when I call out
from my phone, probably to indicate I have a message waiting.. The
problem is, even though I have deleted all my messages I still get
this, the icon is still blinking.

That's exactly what I meant when I lazily said "I found MWI to not work"

I have emailed support at voip.co.uk, so hopefully they will get back
with some useful information.

2) Does their SMS-when-message-left service work OK?
Didn't know they had one. email-when-message-left performs fine.

Yes they do, on the Voicemail Profiles page.

What's the cost?

Apologies for replying to myself....and reviving an old thread, however,
does anyone know if voip.co.uk have fixed their VMWI?
Old January 3rd 07, 09:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Jono expressed precisely :

Apologies for replying to myself....and reviving an old thread, however,
does anyone know if voip.co.uk have fixed their VMWI?

No they haven't.

And I was wondering why I could not get it working ;-)

Old January 3rd 07, 09:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Jono expressed precisely :