Trixbox vs Asterisk

Old November 20th 06, 12:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephane M

Default Trixbox vs Asterisk

Hi,

I tried first to use Trixbos on a machine.
at the very beginning, I did plug my phone to the Trixbox server - saw
with surprised that the phone was "registered" if I can say = Green LED !!!

I tried on a different machine, to install only Asterisk
Start the demon and when I connect my Voip phone, I have = Nothing green

- is this Asterisk which made the phone registration ?? or another
"satellite" software included into the Trixbix package ?

Thanks and regards,

Stephane
Old November 20th 06, 08:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Stephane M" wrote in message
Hi,

I tried first to use Trixbos on a machine.
at the very beginning, I did plug my phone to the Trixbox server - saw
with surprised that the phone was "registered" if I can say = Green LED
!!!

I tried on a different machine, to install only Asterisk
Start the demon and when I connect my Voip phone, I have = Nothing green

- is this Asterisk which made the phone registration ?? or another
"satellite" software included into the Trixbix package ?

Thanks and regards,

Stephane

What configuration steps have you taken within your phone?

Which version of Trixbox?

Old November 21st 06, 12:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephane M

Jono wrote:
"Stephane M" wrote in message

Hi,

I tried first to use Trixbos on a machine.
at the very beginning, I did plug my phone to the Trixbox server - saw
with surprised that the phone was "registered" if I can say = Green LED
!!!

I tried on a different machine, to install only Asterisk
Start the demon and when I connect my Voip phone, I have = Nothing green

- is this Asterisk which made the phone registration ?? or another
"satellite" software included into the Trixbix package ?

Thanks and regards,

Stephane

What configuration steps have you taken within your phone?

Which version of Trixbox?

Hi

Well, I am using Trixbox v 1.2.2 and I did use Asterisk 1.2

Concerning the configuration, I did just use as proxy, the IP address of
my machine
Do you think that I should see the green LED ON even if I did plug the
phone on Asterisk ?

Ta.
Old January 5th 07, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Stephane M wrote:

Hi

Well, I am using Trixbox v 1.2.2 and I did use Asterisk 1.2

Concerning the configuration, I did just use as proxy, the IP address of
my machine
Do you think that I should see the green LED ON even if I did plug the
phone on Asterisk ?

Ta.

Since you've given us next to no information regarding your setup, how
do you think anyone is going to be able to help you?

As an example, a green LED on a phone can mean one of a number of things.