Asterisk/Trixbox Speed Dials and number lookups?

Old November 20th 06, 02:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Default Asterisk/Trixbox Speed Dials and number lookups?

Hi,

Is there a way to program in a lookup table in Asterisk/Trixbox to match
names to numbers?

My DECT phones I have connected to my Trixbox, via ATA's display names and
numbers, via caller ID (If I call from one DECT phone to the other (through
Trixbox) the name of the extension is displayed, so it is getting this via
the caller ID)

I want to program in a list of various names and PSTN numbers, so when they
call me, I can see who it is.

Having this integrated into a speed dial list would be ideal, so for
example, if I could dial 501 to call my mobile, then when my mobile calls
in, it sees the number and changed the caller ID to "Mobile" 07XXX XXX XXX

Is this doable?
Most "proper" PBX's with display phones do this don't they?

Sparks...

Old November 20th 06, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Sparks pretended :
Hi,

Is there a way to program in a lookup table in Asterisk/Trixbox to match
names to numbers?

My DECT phones I have connected to my Trixbox, via ATA's display names and
numbers, via caller ID (If I call from one DECT phone to the other (through
Trixbox) the name of the extension is displayed, so it is getting this via
the caller ID)

I want to program in a list of various names and PSTN numbers, so when they
call me, I can see who it is.

Having this integrated into a speed dial list would be ideal, so for example,
if I could dial 501 to call my mobile, then when my mobile calls in, it sees
the number and changed the caller ID to "Mobile" 07XXX XXX XXX

Is this doable?
Most "proper" PBX's with display phones do this don't they?

Sparks...

Yes. http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=143 is what I was about to
embark upon.......perhaps once you've configured it for the UK you'd be
kind enough to share?