Orange upgrading webmail : (

Old November 20th 06, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

Default Orange upgrading webmail : (

Orange are upgrading their webmail server. Oh dear, I bet it will never
work again !

Old November 20th 06, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
David R

"Jim" wrote in message
Orange are upgrading their webmail server. Oh dear, I bet it will never
work again !

I'm interested to know why your post appears underneath an older post on my
newsreader, when the time you posted is actually later today, and thus
newer.

Bloody Microsoft crap...

Old November 21st 06, 01:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 20 Nov 2006, "David R" wrote:

your post appears underneath an older post on my newsreader, ...
Bloody Microsoft crap...

It's the driver, not the motor car (in other words, down to you to get
*your* newsreader to display things the way you want). While I rarely
use MS OE for newsgroups, it is handy to use as it supports multiple
news servers, unlike some other newsreader applications. You might
find "Free Agent" a better newsreader than MS OE, by the way.
Old November 21st 06, 08:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Jon

declared for all the world to hear...
Orange are upgrading their webmail server. Oh dear, I bet it will never
work again !

With all due respect they could hardly make it worse.
--
Regards
Jon
Old November 21st 06, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Peter F

"Jim" wrote in message
Orange are upgrading their webmail server. Oh dear, I bet it will never
work again !

And sure enough...

[From Orange web login]
Sorry
We are currently carrying out an upgrade of our email systems.
Access to 'Orange Email' and 'Email Manager' will be unavailable until 10am
on Wednesday 22nd November.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
[end quote]

It said 4pm Tuesday when they first started to break it!
I quite like the way they apologise for upgrading their email systems. I'm
sure it isn't their intention but it experience tells us it is probably all
too appropriate.

Peter

Old November 21st 06, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Neil - Usenet

"Peter F" wrote in message
"Jim" wrote in message
Orange are upgrading their webmail server. Oh dear, I bet it will never
work again !

And sure enough...

[From Orange web login]
Sorry
We are currently carrying out an upgrade of our email systems.
Access to 'Orange Email' and 'Email Manager' will be unavailable until
10am on Wednesday 22nd November.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
[end quote]

It said 4pm Tuesday when they first started to break it!
I quite like the way they apologise for upgrading their email systems. I'm
sure it isn't their intention but it experience tells us it is probably
all too appropriate.

Peter

also noted that on www 4pm. I tried at 4.30 only for it to say my password
is not valid.
pop3 is ok at mo.

also, it says EMAIL. It wont let me in to orange mobile account either.

Old November 21st 06, 09:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband

Arse's.

They might have bloody told us, been waiting for an email and thought my
bloody laptop was screwed up.

--
Gerry (The MOTH)

"Neil - Usenet" wrote in message
o.uk...

Old November 26th 06, 02:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Jon:
Well they seem to have succeeded. "upgrdaded" seems ot mean more ads and
slowere response time....

Just put doubleclick and any other ad servers in your barred sites, voila,
no more stupid ads.
Regards,
Martin

Old November 26th 06, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Knowlege Is Powder

"Jim" wrote in message
Orange are upgrading their webmail server. Oh dear, I bet it will never
work again !

I've still get the orange are upgrading the email service message, is this
correct?

I'm actually going to change email providers anyway soon