BT Tag team?

Old November 21st 06, 02:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Castle

Default BT Tag team?

Can anyone put me in touch with the BT "tag team". There is still a
broadband connection on my line from a previous tennant and I need it
cancelled to get a ADSL connection as ntl broadband (who I am with ATM) has
been up and down like a yo-yo for three days now and still no sign of them
fixing it.

Thanks

Nick

Old November 21st 06, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Oliver

Nick Castle wrote:
Can anyone put me in touch with the BT "tag team". There is still a
broadband connection on my line from a previous tennant and I need it
cancelled to get a ADSL connection

Call 0800 169 9576 - choose the options carefully.
Old November 21st 06, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wright

Call 0800 169 9576 - choose the options carefully.

Call 0800 169 0934 to get directly through, office hours only (plus Saturday
8-12)

D.

Old November 21st 06, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maneate

"Nick Castle" wrote in message
Can anyone put me in touch with the BT "tag team". There is still a
broadband connection on my line from a previous tennant and I need it
cancelled to get a ADSL connection as ntl broadband (who I am with ATM)
has been up and down like a yo-yo for three days now and still no sign of
them fixing it.

Thanks

Nick

Contact you new ISP and make them do the leg work. It will prove how
good/bad/ indifferent their customer service is.

All comments, views and opinions expressed are entirely my own.
No inference should be made or drawn that they represent the
Policy of any organisation and should not be taken as such.

Old November 21st 06, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Nick Castle laid this down on his screen :
Can anyone put me in touch with the BT "tag team". There is still a broadband
connection on my line from a previous tennant and I need it cancelled to get
a ADSL connection as ntl broadband (who I am with ATM) has been up and down
like a yo-yo for three days now and still no sign of them fixing it.

Thanks

Nick

in adition to the advice received from others, what's up with your NTL?

Also, if there's still a marker from a previous tenant, that indicates
that your NTL connection maybe less than 12 months old......have you
checked if you're in contract or not?

Old November 21st 06, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Castle

"David Wright" wrote in message

Call 0800 169 9576 - choose the options carefully.

Call 0800 169 0934 to get directly through, office hours only (plus
Saturday 8-12)

Thanks both of you for the numbers, I actually rung the first one soon after
reading it and the gril on the other end was very helpful, I've been told
the "Tag" is being removed this coming Saturday (25th) and I will be able to
order a broadband service from then on.

Thanks,

Nick.

Old November 21st 06, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Castle

"Maneate" wrote in message

Contact you new ISP and make them do the leg work. It will prove how
good/bad/ indifferent their customer service is.

Well i've already delt with it now but thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers

Nick

Old November 21st 06, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Castle

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Nick Castle laid this down on his screen :

Can anyone put me in touch with the BT "tag team". There is still a
broadband connection on my line from a previous tennant and I need it
cancelled to get a ADSL connection as ntl broadband (who I am with ATM)
has been up and down like a yo-yo for three days now and still no sign of
them fixing it.

in adition to the advice received from others, what's up with your NTL?

It started on friday with:

"Sync light on my CM lit but the ready light just keeps flashing and there
is no connectivity.

Nothing on their website suggesting a problem also nothing on their service
status line."

The same yestarday and today.

Today I rung again and:-

"Just had an argument with their indian call centre, was told another cab is
down and it will be down until at least 19.30 tonight (Tuesday 21st).

I cannot belive that at least two cabinets have failed in three days, are
they telling lies?

I am sorley tempted now to tell them to shove their shoody service where the
sun don't shine! I asked the bloke if I could have access to their 0800
dial-up service as this level of service is unacceptable and he had the
nerve to suggest I phone an 0906 number!!!!!!!"

I have posted on Digital Spy about the problem:-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...d.php?t=487357

Also, if there's still a marker from a previous tenant, that indicates
that your NTL connection maybe less than 12 months old......have you
checked if you're in contract or not?

Tennant used my line for BB for a short time. Only been with ntl a couple
of weeks now. Still within my 30 days to cancel.

Cheers

Nick.

Old November 21st 06, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Nick Castle pretended :
Only been with ntl a couple of
weeks now. Still within my 30 days to cancel.

Cheers

Nick.

When did they start offering 30 days to cancel? - there certainly was
no such period of grace whilst I worked there, save for a trial that
was available for a short period of time which gave the first 2 months
free & the freedom to cancel within those two months.

Old November 22nd 06, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Castle

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Nick Castle pretended :
Only been with ntl a couple of weeks now. Still within my 30 days to
cancel.

Cheers

Nick.

When did they start offering 30 days to cancel? - there certainly was no
such period of grace whilst I worked there, save for a trial that was
available for a short period of time which gave the first 2 months free &
the freedom to cancel within those two months.

Not sure when they started doing it but it is on there website at:
http://www.home.ntl.com/page/additio...ion/#guarantee

"30 day money back guarantee

We're so confident that you'll be happy with your new ntl service(s), we're
offering a money back guarantee. If you're in any way dissatisfied and wish
to cancel, you can call customer services within 30 days of installation and
request a refund. We'll then credit your account with your first month's
rental charges and any installation fees. All we'll charge you for are any
calls made, movies, music, any pay-per-view or On Demand events ordered or
any service upgrades after installation. 30 day money back guarantee only
available to new ntl customers. This does not affect your statutory rights."

Cheers

Nick