FAO Eclipse Customers - Anyone want to earn a 30 referral !

Old November 21st 06, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dylan30

Default FAO Eclipse Customers - Anyone want to earn a 30 referral !

Hi I am planning on moving from plusnet to eclipse. I am just waiting for
my MAC Code. I believe existing customers can earn 30 if I use their
referral code when I sign up. As it will soon be Christmas I thought I would
give some one the opportunity to earn some easy money.

1st to post referral code is the winner.

Regards

Adam Harbour

Old November 21st 06, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Eclipse aren't much better than Plusnet. I made the switch from Plusnet to
Eclipse and it wasn't no improvement. My speeds were actually worse. Now
with Namesco I get 800KB+ during offpeak and 400-600 KB peak on all
protocols.

Dan

Old November 21st 06, 11:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Eclipse aren't much better than Plusnet. I made the switch from Plusnet to
Eclipse and it wasn't an improvement. My speeds were actually worse. Now

Old November 22nd 06, 09:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 21 Nov 2006, Simon wrote:

Please don't use my referral code, I'd feel guilty about benefitting
from somone else's loss.

Since Simon doesn't want you to use his referral, feel free to click the
eclipse link on my site. Been on "Evolution 1" for months and am happy.

Old November 22nd 06, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dylan30

"NoNeedToKnow" wrote in message
On 21 Nov 2006, Simon wrote:

Please don't use my referral code, I'd feel guilty about benefitting
from somone else's loss.

Since Simon doesn't want you to use his referral, feel free to click the
eclipse link on my site. Been on "Evolution 1" for months and am happy.

Hi,

I have used the link on you site and signed across. Fingers crossed all goes
smoothly.

Regards Adam

Old November 22nd 06, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
if

Simon wrote:
I am on the old Flex account with
Eclipse (not for much longer) that was sold as completely unlimited but
usenet traffic is traffic-shaped to 32KB/s even though I have never been
informed of any change to my account -

Usenet has always been 32KB/s, it's a limitation of the service they bought
in from giganews. although slow, this is still faster than plusnet binaries
used to be. For text I find it fast enough but for binaries it's rather
slow, but I've been able to switch to torrents for most stuff (impossible
with plusnet which throttled torrents to the point they would die on you).

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION
Old November 23rd 06, 12:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Eclipse are pants hands down. There's no point going with evolution 4
because the speeds are exactly the same as evolution 1 (poor- when I was
with them anyway)

Email support with a slightly technical question and watch how long it takes
them too reply, with a totally different answer to the question you asked.

From experience I also dislike Pipex and Plusnet. Maybe I'm hard to please.

The thing that all these companies have in common are they all used to be
the best and highest recommended ISP's 2 years ago. I noticed Eclipses
service going down hill when they were brought out by Kingston Coms.

Dan

Dan

Old November 23rd 06, 11:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 22 Nov 2006, "Dan" wrote:

There's no point going with evolution 4 because the speeds are exactly
the same as evolution 1 (poor - when I was with them anyway)

I'm on Evolution level 1... their cheapest account at 14.99... Transfers
in the past 12 hours total around 5 GB. I don't bother with speed tests
as there has been no real need to worry about that, for me. I don't do
a lot during their 'peak hours' of 1800-0000, so the 20 GB limit would
probably never be reached (there are plenty of other hours in the day
for me to do what I want, and I go out, watch TV or do other things on
most evenings, anyway).

From experience I also dislike Pipex and Plusnet. Maybe I'm hard to please.

No, probably not too 'hard to please' but clearly the services don't meet
your needs all the time. That's the same for many other people (though I
would suggest a larger number find services adequate, in the main).

I found it surprising that the ratings on DSLzoneUK (.net) seem to really
put Eclipse down with TalkTalk and Tiscali, alongside Nildram... But it
might be that the heaviest downloaders, or speed enthusiasts, tip their
balance when it comes to these ratings, and give positives only for an
ISP that is currently "flavour of the month" (so there's a mass move,
prior to a sharp decline in the speeds that others see, once those who
download massive amounts "get going"!)
Old November 29th 06, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 21 Nov 2006, "Dan" wrote:

it wasn't an improvement. My speeds were actually worse.

No problems that I can see (clearly I don't download as much as
you might have been wanting to do, but perhaps the Windows LAN
traffic graph will tell its own story for others - I use a 10
Mbps hub between this particular PC and my router, simply so
the graph is a nice clear presentation - 100% = 10 Mbps and
50% = 5 Mbps, etc)... This snapshot I took is representative
of traffic to/from this PC. I was downloading some podcasts at
the time of this snapshot - at around 11:15 today, so during an
'off peak' period, of course. I am on Evolution level 1, so I
would not expect to get the same speeds around 20:00, which I
consider not unreasonable, as I'm only paying 14.99/month.

see http://www.mywebpages.org/Eclipse-speed-20061129.jpg