Today on BBC2 at 12.58pm - Lifelin

Old November 22nd 06, 09:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yaz

Default Today on BBC2 at 12.58pm - Lifelin

There is a voluntary charity awareness program being aired today on BBC2
called Lifeline at 12.58pm it
lasts 10 minutes. I would like to know if anyone can help by downloading
that to their PC and/or Mobile and then forward it to someone who really
deperately needs this. Can anyone help?

The details about the program are at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/listings..._4224_28098_10

Please help.
Yaz

Old November 22nd 06, 04:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:43:58 GMT, "Yaz"
wrote:

I would like to know if anyone can help by downloading
that to their PC and/or Mobile and then forward it to someone who really
deperately needs this.

what are you asking ? can someone turn it into a file to forward to an
email address or what ?

"This month's Lifeline appeal is for the Society for
Mucopolysaccharide Diseases, a voluntary support group which
represents over 1200 children and adults suffering from MPS and
related diseases. [S]

Please send donations to:
MPS Society, Amersham, HP7 9LP
Or call 0800 093 93 94
Or you can donate on line at www.mpssociety.co.uk "

Phil
--
http://www.notspot.info/ - if you can't get the Broadband you want.
Old November 22nd 06, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yaz

Default Was: Today on BBC2 -Now: Lifelin on Community Channel

"Phil Thompson" wrote
what are you asking ? can someone turn it into a file to forward to an
email address or what ?

Only need 10 minutes of this program.

1. Want to be able to send it to friends / family / others for prospective
awareness and donations.

2. Also want to be able to send it to a mobile phone as a clip, if
possible.

3. Would like to upload to website.

Are you able to help. The program will be repeated on Friday and Saturday
this week.

Yaz

Old November 22nd 06, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Travec the Dacian

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:37:11 GMT, "Yaz"
wrote:

1. Want to be able to send it to friends / family / others for prospective
awareness and donations.

2. Also want to be able to send it to a mobile phone as a clip, if
possible.

3. Would like to upload to website.

Perhaps the best plan for you may be to get a copy of the broadcast on
a DVD from the programme's producer. Assuming you have any kind of
direct connection to the subject of the appeal (which I assume you
clearly do) then I am sure they will be happy to provide you with a
free copy. That might make things so much easier for you, as it would
then be a relatively easy matter for someone to compress the video
from the DVD using their PC, so it would fit on a web page or even a
mobile phone, and all this could be done in your own time without any
rush. The DVD could be copied for sending to friends and families (I
am sure the BBC would not enforce copyright issues in such a
situation, as long as you were not selling the material or using it in
any other inappropriate way).

I have done a little bit of enquiring. You can email the Lifeline
programme itself on and the number for the appeals
office is 0208 008 1198. You could possibly ask for the contact
number for the programme's producer there.

I've got an address too.

BBC Appeals Office
Room MC4D1 Media Centre
Media Village
201 Wood Lane
London W12 7TQ

Hope that helps a little.

Travec.
Old November 22nd 06, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yaz

"Travec The Dacian" wrote
Perhaps the best plan for you may be to get a copy of the broadcast on
a DVD from the programme's producer. Assuming you have any kind of
direct connection to the subject of the appeal (which I assume you
clearly do) then I am sure they will be happy to provide you with a
free copy. That might make things so much easier for you, as it would
then be a relatively easy matter for someone to compress the video
from the DVD using their PC, so it would fit on a web page or even a
mobile phone, and all this could be done in your own time without any
rush.

I am going to contact BBC Appeals Office with a vie wto securing a copy
tommorow. Thanks for the information.
Do you know if it is possible to compress the video from the DVD on my PC.
Which software can do this easily?

Travac, thanks for the phone number for them.

Yaz

Old November 22nd 06, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:18:40 -0000, Jon
wrote:

It's an attempt to get you to watch the programme.

that crossed my mind, but it appears not to be the case.

Phil
--
http://www.notspot.info/ - if you can't get the Broadband you want.
Old November 22nd 06, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

you need to read some of the info on www.videohelp.com

--
Mark McIntyre