NTL wasting its huge investment

Old November 22nd 06, 10:02 AM posted to ntl.discussion.cable-tv.digital,uk.net.providers.ntl,uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.telecom

Default NTL wasting its huge investment

After Virgin joined I had hoped things will change, but NO.

I live in a flat where I am offered NTL-TV, Phone and Dialup Internet,
but NO BROADBAND.

Why?

Cable coming into my flat should be more stable than a BT line.

NTL keeps sending me mail to join up, but I need BROADBAND.

Wonder if wasting investors (and often I see public) money is typical
to British?

Old November 22nd 06, 11:12 AM posted to uk.net.providers.ntl,uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.telecom
bored

typical to British?

lets guess - you come from utopia ?

oups.com...

Old November 22nd 06, 02:04 PM posted to ntl.discussion.cable-tv.digital,uk.net.providers.ntl,uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.telecom

wrote:
After Virgin joined I had hoped things will change, but NO.

I live in a flat where I am offeredNTL-TV, Phone and Dialup Internet,
but NO BROADBAND.

On 22 Nov, 12:40, "Joseph Hill" wrote:
I'm not sure if it's still the case,

NTL layed cable in my area in 1998.

I live in North London. I have not been able to locate any Post Code in
North London where NTL connects broadband.

As you could see from following post that people are waiting for very
long.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...018964e1f0031b

In fact a year and half back NTL's occassional shop in Harrow's ST ANN
Shoping Centre signed me up for broadband taking my Bank details for
direct debit but when I foind out that I am not going to get Broadband
I had to ask my Bank to stop direct debit.

Cabling of NTL is suitable for much higher speeds than BT telephone
line would be I believe.

So cannot know what to think.

but when I lived in Leicester,
huge parts of LE3 (but not all of it!) couldn't even get digitalNTL
tv... yup, we'd have to do with analogue.

Fosse Road North, Glenfield Road, parts of the New Parks estate,
Newfoundpool

Old November 22nd 06, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Ingle

wrote:

After Virgin joined I had hoped things will change, but NO.

I live in a flat where I am offered NTL-TV, Phone and Dialup Internet,
but NO BROADBAND.

Why?

Well it's not really surprising. Since NTL have such a huge debt, they
seem to be concentrating on making money from the infrastructure they
already have, rather than investing in expanding their network.

I suppose this strategy will have to change if they're pressing ahead
with upgrading their network for 100Mb broadband. Some time ago I moved
to ADSL as NTL were incapable of even providing 1Mb reliable connection;
though having said that, in many places esp. ex Telewest areas, they
provide a very good broadband service.
Old November 23rd 06, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Resident Drunk

John Naismith wrote:
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 20:23:35 -0000, "RH"
wrote:

I wasn't entirely convinced that NTL were capable of being such
****ing idiots so I printed out the list of houses which could get
BB/digital TV for my postcode and waited. Three more houses got new
driveways last year. Three more houses disappeared from the online
list. Within days in some cases. The latest one had a driveway block
paved in September of this year. The house number disappeared from the
online checker 3 days later.

How did they know ?
Old November 23rd 06, 11:57 AM posted to ntl.discussion.cable-tv.digital,uk.net.providers.ntl,uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.telecom
R. Mark Clayton

wrote in message
oups.com...
After Virgin joined I had hoped things will change, but NO.

I live in a flat where I am offered NTL-TV, Phone and Dialup Internet,
but NO BROADBAND.

Why?

Cable coming into my flat should be more stable than a BT line.

NTL keeps sending me mail to join up, but I need BROADBAND.

Wonder if wasting investors (and often I see public) money is typical
to British?

A full analysis / critique of the adequacy of NTL's business plan,
managerial competence and standards of customer service would be far too
long for a post in a group, but my advice would be to think very long and
hard before investing in the company or even doing business with them as a
retail customer.

PS Have a look at '3' (Hutchinson Whampoa) to see the class leader in this
field - and oh yes DON'T pay up front...

Old November 23rd 06, 01:18 PM posted to ntl.discussion.cable-tv.digital,uk.net.providers.ntl,uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.telecom
tony sayer

In article , R. Mark Clayton
writes

wrote in message
roups.com...
After Virgin joined I had hoped things will change, but NO.

I live in a flat where I am offered NTL-TV, Phone and Dialup Internet,
but NO BROADBAND.

Why?

Cable coming into my flat should be more stable than a BT line.

NTL keeps sending me mail to join up, but I need BROADBAND.

Wonder if wasting investors (and often I see public) money is typical
to British?

A full analysis / critique of the adequacy of NTL's business plan,
managerial competence and standards of customer service would be far too
long for a post in a group, but my advice would be to think very long and
hard before investing in the company or even doing business with them as a
retail customer.

PS Have a look at '3' (Hutchinson Whampoa) to see the class leader in this
field - and oh yes DON'T pay up front...

What you mean 3 their phone network?..
--
Tony Sayer

Old November 23rd 06, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob S

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:14:57 +0000, John Naismith wrote:

-
-I wasn't entirely convinced that NTL were capable of being such
-****ing idiots so I printed out the list of houses which could get
-BB/digital TV for my postcode and waited. Three more houses got new
-driveways last year. Three more houses disappeared from the online
-list. Within days in some cases. The latest one had a driveway block
-paved in September of this year. The house number disappeared from the
-online checker 3 days later.
-

Are you suggesting ntl have the resources, wherewithal, and organisation to
drive around every street they have cabled to look for block paving?

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com