[email protected]/Trixbox - setting extensions to pass an outbound CID to voip.co.uk

Old November 22nd 06, 01:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linker3000

Default [email protected]/Trixbox - setting extensions to pass an outbound CID to voip.co.uk

Hi Guys,

Two things I learnt today:

1) voip.co.uk's 'withhold CLID' is broken and will not be fixed until
the next release of their code sometime in December - so if you *think*
you are withholding your CID you'd better check!

2) If I set a legitimate (ie: on our 'allowed list' at voip.co.uk)
outbound CID against our SIP extensions, it doesn't seem to be passed on
to voip.co.uk and used - has anyone got this working - eg:

Extensions A B C send and seem to come from 01xxx xxxxxx
Extensions D E F send and seem to come from 01yyy yyyyyy

I think I recall seeing an article explaining how to put your extensions
in groups so they used a specific outbound route (and, therefore, a
specific SIP trunk/account and its allocated CID) - can anyone point me
in the right direction?

Thanks