HOw do you call a Betamax VOIP with SIP hardware

Old November 23rd 06, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
¬Stephen Hammond

Default HOw do you call a Betamax VOIP with SIP hardware

How do you call a Betamax VOIP contact that doesn't have an incoming number
with SIP hardware ?

Old November 23rd 06, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 17:27:20 -0000, "¬Stephen Hammond"
wrote:

How do you call a Betamax VOIP contact that doesn't have an incoming number
with SIP hardware ?

You use a the SIP address of the party you wish to call.
It will be something like one of :-

Depending on your SIP hardware you could make the sip address
correspond to a 'speed dial' number.
I don't know precisely which VSP to which you are referring. However,
if the first part of the sip address is a number then you can call
that number via Sipbroker* by prefixing with the appropriate VSP code.
If, however, the first part of the sip address is not a number, but a
name, then you are stuck with having to use the sip address in the way
I described above.
*
www.sipbroker.com

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 23rd 06, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

wrote:

How do you call a Betamax VOIP contact that doesn't have an incoming number
with SIP hardware ?

You use a the SIP address of the party you wish to call.
It will be something like one of :-

Depending on your SIP hardware you could make the sip address
correspond to a 'speed dial' number.
I don't know precisely which VSP to which you are referring. However,
if the first part of the sip address is a number then you can call
that number via Sipbroker* by prefixing with the appropriate VSP code.
If, however, the first part of the sip address is not a number, but a
name, then you are stuck with having to use the sip address in the way
I described above.
*
www.sipbroker.com

Sipbroker has excellent facilities but isn't yet geared up to working
miracles. The Betamax family is very close knit and has its network
closed to outsiders.

Brian.
Old November 23rd 06, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-11-23, ¬Stephen Hammond wrote:

How do you call a Betamax VOIP contact that doesn't have an incoming number
with SIP hardware ?

There is a forum at www.voipbuster.com which should help you.

Brian.
Old November 23rd 06, 10:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

wrote:

[...]

Ah, thank you for that useful information. A good reason for not
choosing Betamax if you want to receive calls from other networks.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 24th 06, 01:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin˛

You should be able to dial the contact's IP~ number using # before and after
and * instead of dot,
eg: #123*45*67*89# , regardless of any SIP provider(s).
(~That's the router's internet IP number, NOT your computers LAN IP number)
Regards,
Martin

Old November 24th 06, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
¬Stephen Hammond

You should be able to dial the contact's IP~ number using # before and
after and * instead of dot,
eg: #123*45*67*89# , regardless of any SIP provider(s).
(~That's the router's internet IP number, NOT your computers LAN IP
number)
Regards,
Martin

So how do I find out the Ip address thingymebobb?? I'm using voipcheap.com
my username is bananapineapple give me a call if you can

Old November 24th 06, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

¬Stephen Hammond wrote:
You should be able to dial the contact's IP~ number using # before and
after and * instead of dot,
eg: #123*45*67*89# , regardless of any SIP provider(s).
(~That's the router's internet IP number, NOT your computers LAN IP
number)
Regards,
Martin

So how do I find out the Ip address thingymebobb?? I'm using voipcheap.com
my username is bananapineapple give me a call if you can

Plus most people have dynamic IP addresses that can change every day..

Old November 24th 06, 02:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-11-24, ¬Stephen Hammond wrote:

You should be able to dial the contact's IP~ number using # before and
after and * instead of dot,
eg: #123*45*67*89# , regardless of any SIP provider(s).
(~That's the router's internet IP number, NOT your computers LAN IP
number)
Regards,
Martin

So how do I find out the Ip address thingymebobb?? I'm using voipcheap.com
my username is bananapineapple give me a call if you can

With great difficulty - if you do not know the callee sufficiently well
to ask them for it or find it in some other way. You have 80.176.75.189
at present, but that's only known because of your posting here.

If the person you wish to call is known to you but on a dynamic IP you
have the extra problem of finding out what it is at the time you phone.

Brian.